best BA first seat in 747

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

Capetown2k
    Participant

I always try and get 2a or 2k as I find most private, if not aval which seat is better

1k or 3k
    do you get better service in row 1

thanks in advance

Papillion53
    Participant

No difference at all in service.

I agree I think 2a and 2k are my preferred seats also. 3a nd 3k you are more open to the middle of the cabin and may be affected by the middle seats if they have their lights on and you want to sleep, if like me you can’t stand wearing eye shades! Or if youve settled down and the middle seat decides to have a midflight dinner.

I did have my boudoir in 1A and I found it a bit chilly but an extra duvet did the trick. I also liked the fact you could almost see straight ahead out the windows but your space seems a bit less around the feet because of the curve into the nose of the aircraft and of course the wardrobe comings and goings can be an (slight) issue.

But hey I’d put up with all of the above to sit anywhere in the F cabin! 😉

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m not a regular BA flyer, but I’ve always booked 2a or k as its my favoured seat on Swiss. Not exactly rational I know! I’d also be very happy in row 1 mainly for the window view as pointed out by Papillion.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

More choice of getting your food preference on the A side!

Cant quite believe that BA did not load sufficient cartons of smoothie. It ran out of 6 pax had said yes and I was the 7th (on the way out to BKK).

TGLynch
    Participant

Row 2 is probably best as row 1 has a wardrobe which is a nuisance as much as anything else and is generally loaded up with heavy luggage. Its different on the 777 but there is the noise from the galley to contend with. There is no difference in service but food choice can be very limited as BA does not seem to load sufficient food for everyone to receive their first choice. Also, new first is far superior to the cabin it is replacing which never really worked in my opinion. The roll-out though is painfully slow and many of the 747-400s are really showing their age.

TGLynch
    Participant

Row 2 is probably best as row 1 has a wardrobe which is a nuisance as much as anything else and is generally loaded up with heavy luggage. Its different on the 777 but there is the noise from the galley to contend with. There is no difference in service but food choice can be very limited as BA does not seem to load sufficient food for everyone to receive their first choice. Also, new first is far superior to the cabin it is replacing which never really worked in my opinion. The roll-out though is painfully slow and many of the 747-400s are really showing their age.

first_class_please
    Participant

Row 1 over row 3 any day. The middle seats E&F start at 3 and its quite difficult to get to the overhead locker as you end up stepping into the E or F foot space to do so.

Obviously the plane widens as you go further back though so more aisle space in 4 than 3 and more in 5 than 4.

Row 2 is best if travelling alone, 1 is nice and cosy in the nose, but closer to the other row 1 seat.

777 any window seat…

lloydah
    Participant

2A and K are as good if not better than 1A/K, but as I mentioned in another thread, if someone in row 1 wants to use the overhead they may well stuff yours full before you get there.

flier74
    Participant

1A&K if two of you are travelling, otherwise 2A or 2 K on the 747.
    It may be worth noting you can only pre assign 1A&K on the 747 if both Passengers are Gold Card holders.
    If this is not the case, then they may still be available once online check-in opens.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls