Best apps for: planning long-haul travel

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

An opportunity for us to share our favourite apps for planning long-haul travel. Here are a couple of mine (I have no affiliation other than as a user):

FLIGHTS: Hipmunk – this handy app doesn’t just organise flights by price but also by “agony factor”, and displays the results on a time-graph so you can easily see how long a routing will take, how long any layover will be, which airlines are involved, etc. I have on a number of occasions found routings or airlines that I wouldn’t have thought of otherwise. Incredibly useful where timing is important since you can easily see, straight away, which flight timings work best for you

GENERAL: Rome2Rio – this incredible app is, to me like, Google Maps on steroids. Put in two city pairs, or addresses, or whatever, and it will show you an incredible array of different ways to get between them. Want to know if train is quicker than plane? Rome2Rio will show you. Seems to work worldwide

What other recommendations do forum members have?

2 users thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

TripIt does it all. Confirmations are sent to a single email address, and it builds the itinerary and spot any missing element (using Hipmunk btw). Delays and possible flight alternatives are also proposed, as well as seats alerts. It costs me USD 50 per year, but a free version is available.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls