Best apps for: making the airport and onboard experience more comfortable

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

An opportunity for us to share information about apps that can make flying just a little more tolerable. Here are my favourites (I have no affiliation other than as a user):

AIRPORT LOUNGES: Loungebuddy must be one of my favourite travel apps of all time. Use your phone’s inbuilt location to identify lounges at the airport you are in/near, or better still load your travel plans (and FF memberships, lounge memberships, credit cards with lounge access privileges etc) into it – which you can do by synchronising with Concur or TripIt – and it will not only give you information about the lounges in the airport but also which ones you can access, how, and on which terms. It also contains user-generated reviews and photographs

AIRPORT LOUNGES 2: PriorityPass – as a PP member (through one of my credit cards) this is an easy way to see which lounges I can access. Not as good as loungebuddy

INFLIGHT: SeatGuru – not as good as the website, but if you are at the airport and are told there has been an airframe change you can quickly see what the new layout is and whether you are (likely to be) happy with your new seat allocation

Do other members have recommendations?

Swissdiver
    Participant

I have these built in other applications, namely Tripit and, for the lounge, Revolut.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I use Flightradar24.com (paid gold sub) which gives masses of info, weather, delays etc.
    I also use Expertflyer.com which tells me how many seats are available. Which seats are free and calculates fares. It’s my first port of call before booking any flight.

For train travel I use SBB (Swiss rail) and DB Navigator (German and European).

Publication wise I have the BT and FT Apps and finally, to while away the time I play Two Dots, Solitaire and Sudoku.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls