Best and worst travel logos ever?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Stowage222
    Participant

A retro step IMHO is the change made to some of the BA jumbos sporting the huge OneWorld ‘logo’ and actually removing BA. It just looks naff.

In a similar vein, the Star Allance logos spread across the whole hull – who are we flying with? This is not a positive move for the member airlines. The alliance logo should be discreet on the aircraft side, not the main brand.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@johnvarley, I couldn’t agree with you more!!

My Father was a Vice President of InterContinental Hotels in the 70’s when Pan Am still owned the chain. For me as a child growing up, every where we were in the world, the greatest sight was often the Big Blue Globe Ball of Pan Am. It meant so many things to everyone who saw it, to me it meant going home!!! Simply one of the most iconic and recognised logos ever.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Stretching the thread title a tad and not a big fan of them myself but Harley Davidson is one of the very few Brands which are also widely tatooed.

Best Airline logos – Air Seychelles, Air Mauritius

BeckyBoop
    Participant

London Transport! it works both ways looks good, iconic and never changed but until you realise you have to use it looks and is very bad..lol xx

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Best Airlines: SQ, LH, KLM, QF & Skyteam. I would have added LX if they had retained the cube.
    Hotels: Shangri-La, Four Seasons & Sofitel.

Worst Airlines: LO, OS, JL, BD & Oneworld.
    Hotels: Marriott & Hilton.

Easiest to improve: BA – keep most of it but bring back the Landor tail with the crest using the current colours. Add the speed wing back to the side of the planes and get rid of the ‘marque’.

There seems to be a theme in these posts and the most appreciated logos are the ones that are not changed too often.

Trust747
    Participant

The best logos ar those that are plain and simple, like the Swiss cube, and are not continually being tweaked.

Incidentally, I think the new BA advert merely proves BA’s reputaion is based entirely on its past and not the present nor the future. The Speedmarque logo is one of the most distinctive in the UK……but not necessarily in the world and taken in isolation i.e. without the titles or the abbreviation BA it is not so readily identifiable.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls