Best airport lounges in the world?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)

• GlobalTravellerTom
    Participant

I have to back the Qantas First lounge at SYD.

From the moment you arrive to the moment you board your flight, you feel like every penny had been well spent.

The food was perfect, freshly cooked and served very quickly. We sat by the window whilst dining and had the A380 parked below us, a marvelous view of the Sydney skyline across the runway and services that was second to none.

So how good was this lounge? Well, such was the attention to detail, service and selection of food and drink, it managed to stop my wife shopping in the duty free. That is a first!!

flyingbunny
    Participant

Right now I am sitting in Ethihad’s new lounge in the new terminal at Abu Dhabi airport. It is fabulous. I am in the busines centre with 10 of the new MACs all on desks with lamps and leather chairs. There’s free internet, although I cannot access my email at the moment and I’ve just eaten some delicious chicken stogonov and tomato rice. PLus the staff are great – a member of staff asked me what drink I would like and then came and found me to serve me as I tucked in. In a few minutes I am going for a free fifteen minute massage. There’s a prayer room and a smoking room and plenty of areas to sit on soft leather sofas, or chairs and a TV room. All looking over the runway. The food and beverage is like a buffet from a top hotel. I would definitely rate this as one of the top lounges in the world.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I have to agree with VintageKrug about Frankfurt, for all the reasons he gives, but a close second is the Zurich Airport First Class Lounge. Virtually all the same facilities but the food choice is better in FRA.

My big gripe is that they will no longer keep your coat for you. This was a very useful service if traveling to hot countries when departing during a cold European winter and saved having to carry (or pack) it in sweltering heat.

The excuse for abandoning this service – 3 guesses – “Security”!!! Just how dangerous can an overcoat be???

QFGoldflyer
    Participant

Qantas Sydney Flounge simply has to be on the list! The best I’ve experienced!

fasttracker
    Participant

Korean Air’s business class lounge at – Seoul Incheon airport has an elevated mezzanine lounge looking over the terminal. Peaceful and you can hear the announcements too. Lots of computers and a snooze area.

Listener
    Participant

How about “special recognitions” for those individual lounges that may not be the BIGGEST or MOST LUXURIOUS, but offer something truly SPECIAL or UNIQUE?

*Top of my list is EVA AIR’S “The Garden” lounge at Taoyuan, Taipei airport.

Before EVA removed First Class from their flights, this lounge was for the use of Super First passengers as well as Diamond Card members. Now its only for Diamond Card members…not a bad perk for being a top-tier member of this airline.

It’s the nicest “little lounge” i have ever experienced complete with a chef who will make you any type of fresh noodle dish you want, along with other Taiwanese dishes and I have to give a special “shout out” to the bartender who has been working at EVA lounges at the airport for something like 20 years. He has the greatest laugh and loves to make special drinks for guests.

There’s also shower suites available, plenty of comfortable seats, high-speed computer work areas, and even a “garden swing” one could enjoy. Top it off with one of those “self-playing” baby grand pianos and beautiful glass artwork by a local Taiwanese artist. I truly love visiting and enjoying this lounge any chance I could get.

Anyway, there’s my “honorable mention” for those one-of-a-kind lounges in the world. I hope you will add this category to your article.

brusselstraveller
    Participant

Definitely the first class terminal in Frankfurt (and the “copies” of that as first class lounge in that same airport and in Munich): complete gourmet meal, sleek design, bath facilities, personal service

OzTraveller
    Participant

To all those who do NOT vote the Lufthansa First class lounges in Frankfurt and Munich as the best in the world, obviously have not used them. I was very disappointed with the SQ First class lounge in Changi; the QF First class lounge in Sydney is a beat-up; and the rest around the world are just boring reptitions of every other boring lounge. Lufthansa deserve accolades for re-defining the lounge concept over 5 years ago. No other airline has the courage or initiative to match it, let alone going one better. Bravo Lufthansa.

GlobalTravellerTom
    Participant

Quote from above…

“To all those who do NOT vote the Lufthansa First class lounges in Frankfurt and Munich as the best in the world, obviously have not used them. I was very disappointed with the SQ First class lounge in Changi; the QF First class lounge in Sydney is a beat-up”

Well you can only comment/vote for the ones that a person has used, surely? Rather than one they have never been to?

When you say QF First in Sydney is “beat-up”, what exactly is it you mean?

KSHaggag
    Participant

Dear Mr Guignon !

Your note has inspired me a lot and encouraged me to jump in the plane and go to inspect the new LH First Class lounges in FRA and MUC ….I do agree with you that the LH First Class terminal in Frankfurt is head and shoulders above many of its competitors products ….I have not yet visited the BA First Galleries at T5 ………would u kindly give us some more details about the new F LH FRA and MUC lounges ???..thanks a million ……
    If other members of the forum are not interested ,kindly email me on <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]

Cheers !

VintageKrug
    Participant

The documentary I referenced in an earlier post might be of interet to those considering using Lufthansa’s superb Frankfurt facility for First Class passengers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riVwcISBGas

Enjoy the rubber duckies in the bath!

KSHaggag
    Participant

Quite inspiring !

By the way ..the renovated KLM Crown Lounge at Amsterdam airport ,lounge 52 is a much much much better one than it used to be in the past ….i would say among the best in europe now ….airy ,comfortable ,serene with service oriented staff around …Good job ,KLM !

Hess963
    Participant

My best choices:

1. if you have the possibilities to fly F class–than definitely LH F class terminal in either FRA or MUC

2. Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses

3. TG First Class in BKK

4.BA Lounges in T5

KSHaggag
    Participant

I do agree to some great extent with this ranking ….

Lufthansa is doing a great job on the ground for its F pax particularly ….TG is a superb Fcl lounge facility in BKK …Virgin s LHR T3 Clubhouse is a nice one but my expectations were raised too much before visiting the facility ..it is NOT the best in Europe ,in my opinion …I believe it is starting to show its age ..isn t it ???
    BA T5 Galleries not yet sampled ,but let me iterate that the renovated/reshuffled KLM Crown Lounge 52 at Amsterdam airport is a big leap forward for KLM ..

Can anybody share with us any feedback on the Jet Airways Lounge(C or F ) in Brussels ????..keen to hear about it …

travelwell
    Participant

qantas first lounge in sydney, wonderful…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls