Best airport in the world?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

CDG: Well when quiet, it is all right. And its concept is good. BUT it is seldom quiet. And busy, yes, it is a nightmare. This includes 2E & F and AF lounges.

AMS is OK provided you don’t have to go from one end to the other when connecting…

LOS is probably one of the worst. I am sire they are plenty of other terrible ones, but I didn’t have the “chance” to visit them 🙂

HKG: was there a couple of weeks ago. While it is no more surprisingly great and new, it remains IMV great! My favourite feature? In-town check-in!

In the US, ATL is impressive taking into consideration it is one of the busiest airport in the world, probably thanks to its structure.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Dear Chinaman and Fellow Readers ,

You have all contributed with interesting ideas and valid points ..at the end of the day ,it is up to everyone of us what he means by an ideal airport ..your definition can be quite different than my own and vice versa ……I do appreciate all your points !….I was just wondering and was really expecting someone to come up with a clear vote for Incheon ,Seoul ..I have personally never ever been through it before but have read so much good about it that I am fully enticed to make it my gateway to China next time ,to sample it …any feedback ,Gentlemen ???..I personally so far love Changi Singapore ,Chek Lap Kok Hong Kong ,glittering Zurich and efficient Schiphol ….Munich is quite good too …thanks !

RHMAngel
    Participant

Think I said this before…may be it was recently in the Conde Nast BT survey.

Without a shadow of a doubt… DClynPys

No 1. Has to be Changi Singapore, the facilities are great … FOR EVERYTHING… not just the extras, luxury, but the KEY things that make travelling a joy or a nightmare.

Who ever runs Changi… please please come and run European airports, especially the dire Heathrow (bar T5 which is now showcase but has its moments…). Far East can teach the rest of the world a LOT…

Only down side for me & Schipol… any connection, they loose your luggage, is that the airline, or the baggage services… airport is OK, but black hole if you’re connecting with luggage…

Most disappointing ? LAX… come guys, you build the best shopping malls…and you have something as boring, and dire as LAX.

I am surprised Heathrow London, came 99th… more like 999th 🙁 escape if you can to biz longes…

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Goldcardsaplenty – instead of bashing me, revert to “the bishop” as per your occupation and reputation.

Best SIN – Access, facilities, ambience, food – Chilli Crab
    Best Small CVF – location; thrill in, fast out, then on within 10 mins, happy days.
    Worst DEL – one huge melee

vscxfan
    Participant

1) LHR (only if in Virgin Clubhouse pre-departure or on the way home)
    2) HKG (crossroads of the world and more character than SIN)
    3) SIN (unbeatable facilities)
    4) YVR (wood, glass and natural light)
    5) CPH (slightly less wood, glass and natural light than YVR)

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

KS Haggag: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder BUT while we all have our idea of our winner, it is the following mermits any airport should have in order to qualify for the nomination:-

1) Geographic location and connectivities

2) Sound building structure and good facilities, including the transport for in and out of the airport from the town centre

3) Ease of use to all and not just the premium travellers

4) Clean, congenial, efficient, relax and safe envirionment

5) Over all enhanced travel experience.

Asian airports score the highest marks but there are also some quite nice and pleasant airports in the rest of the world.

Happy selection!

Senator
    Participant

My votes:

Europe – MUC
    US – DEN
    APJ – SIN

stevescoots
    Participant

I would vote both Sng and HKG, its hard to choose between them. I have not gone T3 in SnG

regarding bags and immigration. Bags and security are evenly tied, except at HKG you dont have to put cases through the X-ray like you do at SNG. On immigration SNG is slower than HKG for me but at HKG I use frequent visitor card so just go thru the automated gates used by residents, no waiting, usually my bags from europe arrive within 5 minutes.

If you go to HKG more than 6 times a year then get one.

I would like to add ICh to the list but I havnt done it for acouple of years now so hard to rate.

I dont rate any US airport, and certanly not ORD. I do like Lexington kentucky, its tiny tiny wee place..but always empty, spotless and friendly staff 🙂

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello Stevescoots !

If you are voting already for T2 in SIN and have not yet been to the new T3 ,then I am sure you will be floored once u go there ….T3 is even brighter ,more elegant ,fresher ,more glittering …glamorous ,everything ..u name it …the facilities there are even better ….by far superior !……

CKYCKYCKY
    Participant

Besides good infrastructure and facilities, the 3 most important factors are 1) Ease of security clearance 2) Immigration Clearence 3) Luggage waiting time.

I think very few large scale airport can beat the efficiency of Singapore Changi.

Dolphin500
    Participant

It’s hard to choose one..but MUC in Europe…and EWR in North America

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

CKYCKYCKY

Thank you for adding the 3 most important factors which I did not mentioned in my previous post.

I feel very priviledged to be able to communte between HKG-SIN regularly and it is such stress-free and seamless travel experience.

KSHaggag
    Participant

I sincerely wish I were on a SIN/HKG or v.v. flight every week on SIA onboard the A380 ,enjoying the fabulous seat in business class and ebjoying those two superb airports …Changi and Chek Lap Kok….

Cheers !

BluePacific
    Participant

By continents, my selections are
    – ORD (o.k. atmosphere for a US airport) and DCA (in n out fast)
    – SIN and HKG
    – GIG (Rio Galleao)
    – SYD and AKL
    – Africa I have not been recently
    – MUC and AMS
    Best overall for me is MUC, which I use monthly coming from US West Coast and connecting to elsewhere Europe or beyond
    An ex-pat Austrian, I like the news and book stores and the great snacks and drinks at Senator lounges (Leberkaes, tab beer etc)

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

I love the full size supermarket in MUC where I can pick up my vollkorn brot and other permissible things to take on board the plane. It saves me an immediate trip to a grocery once I got home!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls