Best airport in the world?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

• mademahendra1
    Participant

I think Changi Airport is the best airport. Very safe and comfort, but sometimes the immigration counter is very crowded

MartynSinclair
    Participant

DFW

What a wonderful airport. Large, airy, minimal Q’s, plenty of helpful people to direct you, clean and the best shoeshine ever on concourse D.

The snow was falling heavy yesterday morning 9th Jan 2011 and all the runways were open, no delays.

Healthy eating options and very pleasant lounge options.

An enjoyable transit experience – not of course as nice as T5, where I am currently sat, waiting to continue into Europe.

BABenji
    Participant

Currently at T5 too! Just enjoyed a pie and a mini burger. the highlight of any journey! 🙂

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

My idea of a best airport is uncongested, stress-free and plenty of entertainments. Currenty in BKK waiting for my connecting flight to Istanbul on Turkish Airlines.

I shall make a report soon as there was a thread on TK recently. I have not flown on it for several years and I am on their new 777 aircraft. Just hope I don’t get hit on the head with a football!!!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

FlyingChinaman – please do report in becasue based on previous postings, flying TK, may cause us never to hear from you again!

Scandinavian
    Participant

The new airport in Montevideo, Uruguay, is South America’s hidden gem!

robsmith100
    Participant

For me its got to be IAH -George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston.

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

And if best means thrills – try Lukla, or courchevel altiport…. no second chances.

http://www.squidoo.com/weird-airports

Elaine2Eva
    Participant

I don’t understand…but why did you said ‘ Luton or even T1 at Heathrow on a quiet day is a joy, Singapore on a busy morning is awful’.

Would you mind telling me? Thank you

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

BAA operated LHR rated 99th best airport.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/8415246/Heathrow-only-99th-best-airport-in-the-world.html

According to the table, Singapore Changi, Seoul Incheon and Hong Kong International are the best airports in the world.

Swissdiver
    Participant

As an airport, BA is clearly suffering from the lack of a third runway and the hectic building configuration of T1. In addition, I fell British people tend to be very harsh toward BA and Heathrow.

For me T5 remains one of the best terminals in the world.

Goldcardsaplenty
    Participant

I do have to laugh at Tête_de_cuvée’s (is that French for ‘Dickhead’?)usual 1970’s mindless Unionist rhetoric – no substance just the usual links to sites slagging off BA/BAA.

LHR T5 is the best terminal in the world, without a doubt. Sadly the rest of LHR let’s it down.

HKG is now looking tired and seems to have constant major works going on.

The whole experience of Changi is delightful.

Surprised that Incheon is given credit as it is a souless place and is only efficient because it is so quiet.

No airports in the US deserve a mention.

But let’s open this up a bit more; what is the worst airport in the world?

Port Harcourt, Luanda & Lagos spring to mind for obvious reasons but surely CDG takes the title???

DClinPsy
    Participant

No 1. Has to be Changi Singapore, the facilities are great (butterfly garden, swimming pool, ect)

No 2. Has to be Schipol for it’s simplicity

While Terminal-wise, the best will be LHR T5 and Changi 3 both are on par for me.

Gold: from my personal experience, the worst Airport I had experienced would be Jakarta, Bali and all other Indonesian airports to be honest. Although CGK T3 is quiet nice, other domestic terminals (except T3 and Garuda’s T2F) are like fish market!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Goldcard:

I totally agree with you with CDG for most parts (except new AF 2F) dreadful and I have to endure it once or twice a month! The lack of decent food outlets in a world culinary capital is unforgivable!

Even as a Hongkonger I must second on you about Changi for being the Best in the world. Nothing beats the Koi ponds and the tree fern tropical gardens!

Hong Kong might be looking tired now (like cats and dogs 14 years is very old!) but the fact that it is constantly upgrading itself is the secret of a well run airport.

Changi is a shinning example of a 30-year old airport still beating the other new entrances!

nagoyafrog
    Participant

Another vote for Changi. Peaceful, safe, efficient, good food & shopping. Never had even one delay of more than 15 mins in the past 15 years I’ve been using it. Oh yes, and the toilets are clean too.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls