Best airport hotels in the world

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• Canadienthust
    Participant

I believe Sheraton Gateway at Toronto Peason Airport is a worthy contender. It is 4 star property right at the airport connected to terminal 3 and terminal link train station. Sleek looking exterior.

Business Traveller replies:

Thanks to everyone for the postings on this forum so far. Our list of hotels for consideration can be seen below, and links through to the approriate properties can be viewed at http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/the-best-airport-hotels-in-the-world:

London Heathrow:

* Sofitel T5

* Hilton T4

* Yotel T4

London Gatwick:

* Yotel

* S Terminal Hilton

* N Terminal Sofitel

London Stansted:

* Radisson SAS

Amsterdam Schiphol:

* Yotel

* CitizenM

* Mercure

* Sheraton

* Hilton

Paris CDG:

* Sheraton T2

Helsinki:

* Scandic

Stuttgart:

* Moevenpick

Brussels:

* Sheraton

Frankfurt:

* Sheraton

Munich:

* Kempinski

Rome:

* Hilton

Zurich:

* Radisson SAS

Copenhagen:

* Hilton

Milan Malpensa:

* Crowne Plaza

Athens:

* Sofitel

Oslo:

* Radisson SAS

Dubai:

* Dubai – International hotel

Abu Dhabi:

* Abu Dhabi Airport Hotel

Beirut

* Coral Beach Hotel

Cairo:

* Concorde El Salam

Riyadh:

* The Sahara Airport Hotel

New York JFK:

* JFK Ramada Hotel

New York Newark:

* Marriott

Chicago:

* Aloft

* Hilton

Washington Dulles:

* Marriott Dulles

Los Angeles:

* Custom Hotel

Boston:

* Hilton Logan

Seattle:

* Radisson Hotel Gateway Seattle

San Francisco:

* Crowne Plaza SFO,

Dallas Fort Worth:

* Hyatt Regecy

*Grand Hyatt

* Westin

Atlanta:

* Hilton

Orlando:

* Hyatt

Philadelphia:

* Marriott

Pittsburgh:

* Hyatt

Tampa:

* Marriott

Vancouver, YVR:

* Fairmont Vancouver Airport

Sao Paolo:

* Marriott Sao Paulo

Johannesburg:

* Intercontinental

Hong Kong:

* Regal Airport Hotel

* Marriott Hong Kong

Shanghai:

* Ramada

Beijing:

* Crowne Plaza

Singapore Changi:

* Crowne Plaza

Seoul Incheon:

* Hyatt Regency

* Incheon Airport Hotel Queen

Bangkok:

* Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel

Sydney

* Stamford

Melbourne:

* Hilton

Kuala Lumpur:

* Pan Pacific

Tokyo Narita:

* Hilton

TheDarkKnight
    Participant

Mumbai – The Leela Palace Hotel – five minutes drive from the Airport so the nearest hotel as far as I know.

David
    Participant

TheDarkKnight –

The InterContinental (The Lalit Mumbai) is where I stay while in Mumbai and is actually slightly closer (100 metres?) to the airport (international terminal) than the Leela Palace. I prefer the InterCon’s rooms and actual building (recently refurbished rooms, many with wood floors and flat screen tvs and an impressive atrium) to the Leela Palace however the gardens at the Leela are very nice. The service at the Leela too is exemplary. The InterCon does not provide free transport unless you have booked the executive club floor but can pick up from BOM for a charge.

A bit late on this posting (and certainly late for any voting) I know, but have just recently joined the discussion forum.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I would never stay anywhere else apart from near the airport in mumbai – last time I was there I had a stalker and had to depart tout de suite.

lsd1908
    Participant

Dear Business Travellers!

Has anyone experienced the Sofitel London Heathrow using a Day Room between Overnight Flights?
    Is it worth to book the Luxury Room with access to the Millesieme Lounge?

Any recommandation would be highly appreciated.

Best regards
    Ludwig

VintageKrug
    Participant

I have only stayed at this hotel twice as emergency options between late arrivals/early starts and so both were “turn up and book” reservations.

I assume I had a luxury rtoom as I am A-plus platinum.

If you are not already an Accor A-plus member then do ensure you seek out the complimentary $60 joining bonus online which might lessen the cost of your stay.

It’s a nice hotel, but really if you are just there to sleep who needs a luxury room? There are really no bad rooms at this hotel and it’s very comfortable. I think the luxury rooms have Hermes soaps and complimentary water, but as you will probably want something more substantial than yet more lounge food after eating on a plane and probably (?) have access to the excellent range of substantial food offerings in the BA lounge sin T5 pre-flight I wouldn’t recommend the lounge access at the Sofitel.

I would point out that food at the Sofitel is eye-bogglingly expensive (ESPECIALLY the breakfast, which despite it being fully expensable for me, I balked at and actually got up and walked away) so best either to plan to eat somewhere in the Terminal (eg Gordon Ramsay’s excellent Plane Food airside) or dine landside in Carluccio’s which is perfectly acceptable.

lsd1908
    Participant

Dear VintageKrug,

Thanks very much for the recommandations.

Will keep you posted about my experience.

Best regards
    Ludwig

Air1234567
    Participant

I have used the hotel inside Changi a number of times which provides excellent services at affordable prices. The other option I sometimes use is the SIngapore First class lounge. They have showers, food, individual rooms, wireless, although the bed is more of a curved chair, but I still manage to get a comfortable few hours sleep.

Dusseldorf Airport has the Maritim Hotel which is extremely comfortable and modern with very nuce dining facilities.

Inquisitive
    Participant

Besides the transit hotel, The Crown Plaza at Singapore ChangiT3 is an excellent stop over hotel. I stayed there for one night. The rooms are reasoanbly soundproof, bathroom has modern rain showers and a glass wall so that one can enjoy television from the throne (or if with others, many interesting possibilities). The restaurants and the bar are reasonably good. The most interesting part is one could just enjoy the landside of the airport with basement having a lot of eating place like foodcourt and other shopping.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls