Best Airline to Travel from MAA to USA

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Aravindha
    Participant

Hi I am traveling with my wife in Economy class in Dec from Chennai-India to USA for a 3 week holiday trip. Any pointers on the best deal or airlines to fly. Jet offers service to New York from Chennai via Brussels. Has anyone flown with jet on this route and how is the product compared to other international airlines.

Cameron
    Participant

Jet is very good but I would also consider BA via LHR on this route

travelleryogi
    Participant

I would recommend that you take British Airways. The reasons are simple. British Airways flies from 5 cities in India, and they have numerous connections from London Heathrow.

What I mean is, if your Chennai – London flight is delayed. BA has a lot of backup on its own, and they have got understanding with American Airlines.

December is a month of snowfall in Europe and America. A lot of flights are cancelled or diverted.

If the same thing happens with jet, you will be stranded for atleast a day or two in Brusells. I had a horrible experience with Jet airways. They do not have the clout of British Airways or Lufthansa.

Alternately, you can also try Lufthansa. But BA would be my first bet.

Hope it helps, and you have a nice holiday in December

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Good points – and with BA / Lufthansa you can can also open jaw, which would be quite useful if you want to fly internally within the USA. You could try a One World explorer fare (see http://www.oneworld.com) were you can make some quite interesting itineraries for yourself involving multi cities in the USA and Europe with little (in any) additional costs on an India to USA fare.

Aravindha
    Participant

Thanks a lot. I will check up online. We are planning to travel via flight internally in America. This is of huge help!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls