Berlin Brandenburg Airport Willy Brandt

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=1109229]An airport that I would look to avoid for the foreseeable future.[/quote]

I hear what you say but there’s no alternative unless surface transport is used.

The Green movement in Germany is very strong hence the capital’s other airports were all closed.

SXF (which is situated on the same airfield as BER) became BER’s T5. It is temporarily closed owing to lack of passengers.

In Germany right now there are many people who want all domestic flights to be banned.

A poll of two days ago showed that a majority wanted an end to all domestic flying.

(Yes I know it’s silly but I am only reporting it to you)

1 user thanked author for this post.

MKRC
    Participant

Flew in and out of Brandenburg this weekend on EasyJet. On arrival kept waiting on the tarmac for 15 minutes for a bus to the terminal; unfortunately the driver dropped us at an immigration hall which was unmanned and we were effectively locked in.

After about 15 minutes we were rescued and led to the main immigration hall and joined hundreds of others waiting as initially only one non-EU desk was open. Other desks did open and in the end our wait was ‘Only’ about an hour!

The easily accessible train service to the city is a really good feature but non-German speakers could have difficulty buying tickets.

Our return was more straightforward with security rather officious and slow (did they really need my pockets emptied including my handkerchief?). Only one non-EU passport control booth manned and there was a hold-up due to a query. Fortunately the three EU desks helped clear the back-log. Short walk to our gate.

Overall impression is that there are areas where improvements are needed and it doesn’t make my list of preferred airports.

AlanSh
    Participant

I have been through this airport 3 times in the last month. I experienced all the pain and aggravations described.

BUT….BA Silver did get me through the fasttrack at security gate 2 where the BA logo is now on the screen. Next week I will check the other gates. Of course it meant I was now too early for the business lounge that doesn’t open until 5:00. First world problems!!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls