Benefits of Booking through Amex Travel

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

DontTurnRight
    Participant

Have just booked Four Seasons Sydney who were offering some very good rates including fourth night free.

Having spoken to the hotel directly and having mentioned Amex, they suggested I contacted Amex Travel directly which I did, as additional benefits could be obtained.

Was able to to further secure free breakfast, late check in/check out and USD 100 F and B voucher all on top of same good rate. Furthermore, free room upgrade offered subject to availability.

Not sure if this only applies to Platinum Card holders and indeed how many hotel chains this benefit applies to, but certainly worth knowing.

Stamford777
    Participant

Also had a good experience with AMEX Travel USA. Booked two seats (using their two for one program )in Biz JFK – ATH outbound on DL and returning on AF. AF stayed on strike while we were in Greece and I got an email from AMEX saying that the AF flights were cancelled and we were re-booked on AZ via Rome. Problem solved.From a small Greek island it would have taken me hours and big bucks in roaming fees to re-arrange the flights myself. It was the first time I had used an agent in years so I got lucky.Impressive service.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi DTR

This hotel is part of there Fine Hotel & Resorts program of which there are about 540 hotels around the world signed up to the program. It isn’t chain specific but for top end hotels then many are part of it. But not cheap for hotels involved. Benefits can be good and rates are worth it in most cases but as always in travel, aren’t always the best value. FHR is available to platinum and centurion charge card holders.

Good of the hotel to mention that which they did not have to do, so credit to them as well.

peter19
    Participant

Do u retain and gain ur perks e.g. tier and miles for flights and hotels if you book via them? I presume there are no other charges on the booking since its a paid card?

DontTurnRight
    Participant

Peter-19 You can still earn airline miles and no additional charges that I am aware of.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

You’ll earn miles and tier points as you would booking via any agent or TMC. With Amex you’ll earn hotel points status on FHR and most rates, but again they do use 3rd party bed banks as well which won’t necessarily earn points as discussed on other threads. However they aren’t a big user of bed banks, though that might have changed since I left platinum and centurion.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls