Being Angry Together

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

• handbag
    Participant

SimonS1
    Come on. It won’t make a blind bit of difference.

I do have a sense of humour and a great deal of hope. Anything is possible. If nothing else, it may make some think about how far they are going off thread – or it may not. Nothing ventured nothing gained.:)

christopheL
    Participant

@ Capetonianm

What you pretend not to understand is that the BT forum is a business traveller forum, not a political forum.

Many of your post are pure assumptions (as Esselle pointed out) which are mainly based on your own political opinions and your classification of groups of peoples between those who are respectable and those who are not.

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

I have not made any classifications at all other than referring to illegal immigrants, nor have I stated what is ‘respectable’ or not, you are choosing to misinterpret my words. Very clever!

If you are unaware of the huge number of these people throughout western Europe, particularly in large towns, then I am not sure what universe you are living in.

Don’t talk to me about ‘assumptions’ or assume that Esselle must be correct because he/she disagrees with me, that being your way of justifying your own contentions. Look up some facts, do some research, walk around with your eyes open at any of the major European rail termini or tourist spots, and you will, if you choose, see what I mean.

But you won’t because you live in your own little French paradise with your blinkers on.

christopheL
    Participant

Oh my god !!! I didn’t realize You have the Absolute Truth ! Shame on me.

capetonianm
    Participant

Wonderful example of an idiot accusing someone of being racist.

At the car rental centre at LGW a customer (female) with a rather strong UK regional accent (Midlands) was arguing with the rental agent, a Polish man whose English was adequate but not great, but he was polite and calm.

The woman started to get angry and became less coherent and said : “I want to speak to someone who speaks proper English”. Ironic since I could barely understand her.

The other chap behind the counter said very rudely: You can’t speak to my colleague like that, you’re being racist.”

Since I was behind her and being held up while this went on, I said : “It’s not racist, it may be unfair and inappropriate but racist it is not.”

openfly
    Participant

@capetonianm…..maybe a lost cause because “inappropriate” has 5 syllables and would have gone straight over her head!! 🤪

capetonianm
    Participant

This is the type of nonsense that should be stamped out. It is pathetic and almost beyond belief that the use of the phrase ‘whiter than white’ can be considered racist.

I am going to report BT for racism because the background colour on the website is white, and because the magazine is printed on white paper. Not doubt the inhabitants of Whitehaven, White Waltham, Witsand in ZA, maybe even the Isle of Wight, must all be racist for choosing to live there. Germans and Swiss who eat ‘Weisswurst’, and French people who eat ‘boudin blanc’ must also be racist. As for white bread, and white rice that should be banned for the same reason.

A senior officer with the Met Police faces the sack after he was accused of racism for using the phrase ‘whiter than white’.

The detective in Scotland Yard’s anti-corruption squad is facing an investigation by the police watchdog after he is said to have used the phrase during a briefing to colleagues.

According to Cambridge Dictionary, the term means ‘never doing anything wrong’, and the detective reportedly used it to mean officers’ actions should be beyond reproach.

christopheL
    Participant

Capetoniamn, you definitively should name your sources.
    Where did you find this piece of news ? the Daily Mail ? the Evening Standard ? David Icke ? any other blog ?
    May be you have you own blog ?
    If not, may I suggest you create your own blog for this king of “news” ?

capetonianm
    Participant

Above comment not worthy of further response.

christopheL
    Participant

I don’t agree with you Capetonianm.

One legal reason for this : you are copying an article and thus you have to let the people know where you did find this article. I am sure you know what « copyright » means.

Another reason for this : honesty (which I assume you know what it means.

People are entitled to know where your « news » are coming from.

https://www.davidicke.com/article/494522/senior-scotland-yard-officer-faces-sack-using-racist-term-whiter-white-briefing-colleagues-faultless-inquiries

Tell me what you read I will tell you who you are.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls