Behind the Design: Airline Branding

Back to Forum

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  BA4ever 27 Sep 2013
at 18:36

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

SergeantMajor
    Participant

I found this microsite which sets out a little more of the philosophy behind the BA brand. Do other airlines have similar web pages:

http://behindthedesign.ba.com/

You can see a detailed exposition of the design cues behind each of the six short and longhaul cabins, as well as a brief introduction to some of the people who are ultimately responsible for the cabin designs seen on board.

canucklad
    Participant

Well SM….is the link supposed to be an allegory or a metaphor?

Just comes up black !

PatJordan
    Participant

A very interesting page, SM. Always good to see the faces behind the product.

canucklad
    Participant

Found a video link too…

http://vimeo.com/39935914

Although I’m not sure how old the content is ?

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

Ha ha ha, yes, in the case of First – it should read behindthetimes!

BA4ever
    Participant

A couple of decades ago I was part of the designing team of the logo and the crew uniforms of a charter airline. It was very interesting because I got to see how many things are done from the inside.
    Sadly, the main concern of charter airlines back then was how to fit more rows in less space so not much for actual design there…

SergeantMajor
    Participant

I should imagine the concerns are not that dissimilar these days for all airlines, BA4ever.

The site should work; might be that you’re on an IPad without flash compatibility.

BA4ever
    Participant

True! But at least they add a it of leather or a bit of colour or something. Back then it was boring, claustrophobic and oh-so-cheap…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls