BD ‘X’ class

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

bmidcfan
    Participant

I have booked on SQ for my trip in March 2010 KUL-SIN-AMS-LHR in busuness class on SQ(777-200ER) to AMs but from AMS to LHR its on BD economy. Will I be able to use the lounge in AMS for the 3 hour changeover? The booking says for BD food and drinks can be purchased on board? Will I be in flexible economy? or just economy no frills?

frontcheck
    Participant

Unfortunately x class in economy. Only Y class gets you into the lounge & is a fully flexible ticket, If you carry a star gold card you will however be able to use the lounge in ams.

bmidcfan
    Participant

Have sent an email to BMI . So lets wait and see. I am paying business class miles on a combination of SQ and BD, Can’t see why it has to be ‘X’ class?

Senator
    Participant

Hi. Within Star Alliance, the following booking codes are used for award flights X: Econ, I: Bus, and O: First. I have travelled on a mix of X, I, and O on the same business class award ticket. For example, I have travelled from ARN to ORD on SK in I, continued on a UA two class flight in First (O) then returned to ORD with a single class regional jet in econ (X). As BD service AMS-LHR is single cabin service, and you have paid business miles for the whole ticket I would be surprised if BD does not allow you access to the lounge. I have not had this issue on similar bookings within the alliance. Bring a copy of the booking with you.

bmidcfan
    Participant

Thanks. I am was worried as I have 3 hours in AMS, but I hope I would be allowed to use the lounge. I have asked Diamond Club admin for assistance and to check if I should have been booked in ‘Y’ class to allow me access to the .lounge. Will update when a reply is received.

bmidcfan
    Participant

Still no reply from BMI admin department.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls