Basic baggage and boarding pass questions for Delta at ATL

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• nopeda
    Participant

I’d like to get to the airport the evening before my flight around 8:30 pm and check one bag. Is it possible to check it the night before? I want to pack a laptop and its charger, and a flashlight with spare battery and a multitool that has a knive blade and a utility knife in the bag. Will they allow all that in checked baggage? I want to check it in the night before if possible in case they have a problem with something so I can take it back to my vehicle.

Also I would like to get my boarding pass and anything else I might need, if there is anything else, the evening before. Is that possible?

Also I would like to take a drone with 2 batteries and a controller and the battery charger as carry on. In a forum I read that we need to discharge the batteries for the drone and controller to less than 50% and tape over the battery terminals then wrap the batteries in plastic…I’m guessing clear plastic so they can see the tape on the terminals. Can anyone tell me if that is the correct way to do it?

Thank you for any help learning this stuff!
    David

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’m pretty certain you can’t check in a bag the night before, even at a hub.

The normal “rule” is 4 hours, though there are exceptions – the City Check-in in Hong Kong would be one of them.

I can’t imagine there’s a problem with the multi-tool since you are allowed to check guns – assuming this ia a domestic flight

Shooting raises concerns about guns in checked luggage

Are you checking the drone in the same bag as the computer – so four batteries (inlcuding the flashlight) and a drone and a multi-tool and a utility knife?

nopeda
    Participant

I wanted to check the computer and tools and flashlight and carry on the drone and its batteries. Someone in another forum said I should not check the laptop, but I don’t have room for it in the bag with the drone.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls