BA’s Seat reservation system

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Anonymous

Potakas
    Participant

Hi all, I am flying from LHR to ATH in July 21, i was checking the seat plan for my flight in order to watch the seat availability and decide to pay for my seat reservation or to leave it for my check in.
    The plane is a 767 and i am traveling as Europe traveller, all those days every seat was available from row 7 on with some exceptions. Suddenly now i checked it and they are offering seats from row 12 on.
    Two hours ago they were available.

Note that i don’t see those seats as booked, they don’t appear on my seat plan .

Has anyone else the same issue ?

Thanks ,

Potakas

PaulJennings
    Participant

Hi P.Sepsas,

A colleague of mine asked the same question recently and was told that BA have started blocking the front few rows of economy until nearer the departure time to enable them to expand the club cabin (move the curtain back) without having to rehome passengers in economy, especially if this would involve moving someone who thought they had a seat in the first row of economy to much further back.

Though that’s a logo seats block this late on. Possibly a last minute booking from a delayed connecting flight?

Potakas
    Participant

That’s from Seatguru,

”The 767 on European flights has a moveable divider between Club Europe and Euro Traveller, so other configurations are possible.”

So it seems right what you said, but on Club Europe 767s the seats are 2-2-2 and on economy 2-3-3 so it seems impossible to me to extend the CE cabin, it is not like on the A320s .

Once i was traveling with KLM and on check in i reserved seat 4A which was an economy seat at this time, but obviously someone booked business, they had to extend the business class cabin but they didn’t change me seat and i had a full business class service 😀

HappytobeSilver
    Participant

Dear P. Sepsas

On the shorthaul 767s, Club Europe seating is 2-2-2 and Eurotraveller 2-3-2. The seating can be configured separately as all that is required to convert Eurotraveller is to convert the 3 middle seats to 2 middle seats (which are slightly wider than the other CE seats.

Potakas
    Participant

I wasn’t aware that this was easy to be done.

Potakas
    Participant

Ok, i saw this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwtZrmX7ljo

and i understood, until row 9 every seat belongs to Club Europe, that’s why they stopped offering to me.
    Can anyone confirm if the Club Europe is expandable till row 25 and that’s why they have leather seats?

VintageKrug
    Participant

It is indeed extendable beyond row 9 – I avoid the 767s so haven’t flown on one for about two years, so cannot be certain how far back CE may actually go.

Potakas
    Participant

I haven’t fly with the European A320s as i always choose the 767s, should i consider that the A320s for the European routes are in the same condition like the domestic? Are the 767’s more comfy or i am wrong and i am choosing wrong ?

I know they are old but i was thinking that they should be more comfortable. (in the main cabin where they have leather seats)

Checking the new CE’s seat plan here:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/club-europe-seating/public/en_ms

(Click on Find out more about our wider Club Europe seats)

You’ll see that actually the wider space is only at the A and C seats, the D and F seats seems to be the same, is this really true?

Also at seatguru the description notices some drawbacks on the A319s Domestic,A320s European,A321s Domestic and European at the B seats without making the same notice at E seats. Moreover on A319s good seats are described those at E.
    ( I am only mentioning this for the first rows)

PaulJennings
    Participant

I don’t mind the 767s. The seating configuration is 2-2-2 in CE and 2-3-2 in ET, so in CE you can have an aisle seat without anyone else wanting to get past you and in ET there are more pairs (rather than threes) of seats. Mind you, the panes are looking pretty knackered and I imagine that they just drink fuel.

The seat plans for the 767 show that CE goes back to row 9, but I think that the convertible seating goes back all the way to the rear of the second section (of the three) and there are leather seats throughout.

EHoch28
    Participant

The wing seats in CE on BA’s 767s are no better than ET. If you want more space you are better off with the middle seats.

On the A320s etc AC seats are generally better than DF seats because seat E is just blocked off but still there. The overall width of the eithe pair of seats might be the same (I have not actually measured them myself) but I always prefer AC.

VintageKrug
    Participant

767s are best avoided in CE; apart from being generally knackered the best seats are in the middle rows which are truly very wide, but I prefer a window seat so that’s why I stick to A320s if there is a choice within the schedule.

I would not agree that the AC side is now the one to get; I always book 1F as while you are correct to say that the middle E seat is “still there” it is significantly wider than the compressed B seat on the AC side. As a consequence you get more space between you and the person in the D seat, and more space to rest your Plane Food picnic…

JordanD
    Participant

And there was me thinking you were still a fan of BA’s CE food ….

VintageKrug
    Participant

😉

I am actually a fan of CE nibbles!

I do however recommend that if you are hungry, or on a longer sector, then Plane Food is a superb option – and a necessity of you are in Y.

Potakas
    Participant

I’ve just landed with one and half hour delay.. rows 7-9 were economy but i feel lucky as i could hear a CE baby crying from row 13 where i was seating, i was also quite happy with my space and the recline of my seat.

Thanks for the advises.

More BA flights for me as i’ll be UK based from September. One of the universities i applied informed me that my application was successful.
    :D:D:D

Regards Potakas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls