BA’s Paid for Seating Policy

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

• FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Well Vintage Seargent….

“I think “terrible” is somewhat hyperbolic, n’est ce pas?”

If “Your First suite is a haven of style and comfort where sophisticated and contemporary British design meet impeccable service and attention to detail”, when it includes some old first cabins that are literally held together with duct tape, then Dutche Yankees use of the word ‘terrible’ is not hyperbole.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Ah yes, Bermuda.

DisgustedofSwieqi/Dos/FormerlyDos/Guest_Poster/StandingThemUp et al. all cabins from Gatwick are now new F.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/travel-classes/first/first

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Never said they weren’t, but I see you haven’t changed your spots.

DoS/FDoS and STU are me (STU is no longer being used in respect to BT rules and was a stand in whilst FDOS wouldn’t post.) Guest Poster wasn’t me.

What’s your reason for your new handle?

Edited to add that if you are who I suspect (VK), then I welcome you back so long as you avoid the nastys and I’m going to post in the same spirit; I know a lot of other posters have missed VKs contributions, so I hope the board will be better for your return.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

stevescoots – 23/08/2013 08:04 GMT : I wonder if QR points will be changed to Avios?

I very much doubt it. Other members of oneworld retain their own reward systems (eg CX’s Asia Miles), no reason why QR shouldn’t do the same. All that should change is that the ability to earn and burn miles/points will extend to cover QR (for non-QR oneworld passengers) and the other oneworld members (for QR members)

FormerlyDoS – 23/08/2013 10:20 GMT : … if you are who I suspect (VK), then I welcome you back so long as you avoid the nastys and I’m going to post in the same spirit; I know a lot of other posters have missed VKs contributions, so I hope the board will be better for your return.

A very hearty +1 to that

canucklad
    Participant

Just a quick question to all of us, including me for the time being…..

If you didn’t have Silver or above or indeed have enough personal wealth (not me) to book “F” how would you feel paying for a fare that is normally more expensive than their competitors….especially long haul…

And then made to pay again to ensure any travelling companions (wife/kids) are sitting next to you……???

Would you feel….

A) A valued customer….
    B) Best of enterprising Britain. well done BA ( I’m going to buy BA-sorry IAG shares asap)
    C) Screwed over
    D) Next time…..it will be someone else
    E) Join the BAEC immediately -must ensure I always choose BA always so I an get to Silver

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Canucklad

As I posted earlier, all F tickets come with free seat selection.

Bucksnet
    Participant

What other ‘full service’ airlines charge for seat selection?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

canucklad – 23/08/2013 10:38 GMT
    C) Screwed over
    D) Next time…..it will be someone else

Having just been stiffed for £85.00 to select my seat on-board BA’s charming old 747 from JFK – LHR, as well as £5.00 to pay for my EDI – LHR route, my answers are above.

Nevermind travelling with family, I am on 8 flights on this route, had I booked with BA I would be looking at at least £400.00 over the £3k+ fare to select seats on all the flights. (All the long-hauls would have been at least £65.00 each and the short hauls a fiver each)

Maybe this is the only way they can attract new punters to 1st class?

BA would have never got this business anyway to be fair, but that’s the reality of flying with them, as it is I am with AA on the other flights and for some bizarre reason, they’ve not charged me to select the seats I want?

Go figure.

dutchyankee
    Participant

I stand by saying the First lounge at LGW is terrible, and SM if you have ever been there during the rush of the Carib flights, I can assure you it is no where near an oasis of calm. Given we golds can access the lounge, and when Barbados, St. Lucia and Bermuda are departing, if full, means 42 first class pax, plus golds , and inbound F pax connecting, the lounge quickly becomes a zoo. I don’t tend to ‘potter’ anywhere let alone into the kitchen, and I don’t tend to be difficult, but paying a First fare to Bridgetown, a route I have seen numerous celebs flying, you should be able to expect a level of comfort pre flight that warrants the fare. That said, yes, the champs on offer is usually very good!

SimonS1
    Participant

Bucksnet – 23/08/2013 09:46 GMT
    Plus Bermuda, that makes 3.

Port of Spain, makes 4.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@SimonS1

POS has First, but as the flight is a tag onto UVF, the total number of F seats exit LGW remains the same. But absolutely right, 4 destinations from LGW have F, but only 3 flights.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls