BAs noisy premium cabins

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

When is somebody at BA going to recognise that the NOISE from the galleys that can be heard in the F and J cabins is UNACCEPTABLE.
    An expensive new F seat is not going to tempt me to fly BA F until they address the problem of noise. The wardrobe doors and the overhead lockers can only be closed by slamming…just as I am going to sleep. The cupboards in the galleys are constantly being slammed by the crews. There is loud noisy chatter by the crews in the galleys all the time. The crews seem unaware that the customers have paid a lot of money to sleep.
    I flew to JNB last week upstairs in 64J (Club). The crew behind me chatted loudly all night long. I asked them politely to talk more quietly but that had no effect. I returned from CPT on the 777 in 4G. There is a crew locker just behind this seat and one steward spent all night slamming it,,,and talking loudly (about the strike!) constantly.

If the customers make a noise well there is little that can be done…but why do i have to be disturbed by the crew?
    I use IB, AF, LH and Qatar business and do not have this problem.
    Come on BA…tell your crews and fix the noisy lockers. Then I might come back.

Hess963
    Participant

Is this noisy bangings from the galleys really that loud ? I flew both classes in BA and had seats near the galley both Upperdeck and Maindeck–no bangings and loud voices of BA’s FAs encountered.
    Luckily never had to tell a FA to be quite inorder to sleep. This is absolutely a negative aspect for BA–if a pax has to ask for peace from the loud FA inorder to sleep..! Sad attitude indeed ! And about the slamming of the crew locker–this seems insensitive of this FA to do those slamming all night—I hope you refer it to the CSM !

NTarrant
    Participant

I can’t say that I have experienced this problem in either cabin or on upper deck. You really need to complain directly to BA so that all staff can be made aware.

VintageKrug
    Participant

British Airways does not have “FAs/Flight Attendants”.

It has Cabin Crew.

Hess963
    Participant

The first thing is to inform the CSM, if there is anything which a FA does not do properly in your sense or wish. Waiting till you come back home and write afterwards over the incident is fine, but I will recommend to talk to the CSM during the flight about it. Oftenly they are thankful for such infos and feedbacks. And the problems are in general solved. The CSM will normally inform all FAs involved over such incidents.

VintageKrug
    Participant

British Airways does not have “CSMs”/Cabin Service Managers.

It has CSDs/Cabin Service Directors.

wanula1
    Participant

Never had a problem with noisy Cabin Crew, in fact they are normally careful not to be noisy. You can’t however legislate for other passengers slamming overhead bins shut and thats the same on any carrier.

If you want a noise flight you should try flying First with United, they don’t even bother shutting the curtains or turning down the lights!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls