BA’s “Muted” 787 and A380 Launch Missed Opportunity?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

scott72 – 20/08/2013 17:41 GMT
    With all the negativity towards BA why should their not be someone pro BA be able to have their say without getting “shot down”?

Because it descends into farce – it always did back in the VK days, and I have absolutely no doubt that it will again.

The board has had plenty of healthy debate and interesting topics recently, this will be stifled with the post rate and bumping of VKSM over many threads.

I know you already know all this.

Flyboy18
    Participant

Debate needs both all sides to comment and to let everyone have their say…but anyone who has something positive to say about BA does seem to be “shot down”

And I work for BA and I totally understand where some of you are coming from with your comments. I too wonder what the hell BA are up too, but it not all bad is it?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

scott72 – 20/08/2013 17:58 GMT
    …but anyone who has something positive to say about BA does seem to be “shot down”

Where?

alexlondon
    Participant

FormerlyDoS – 20/08/2013

Welcome back, Vintage Krug 😉

What does the above post bring to the forum? Surely irrelevant to business travel and should be deleted.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

I don’t understand what all the pro- and anti-BA fuss is about on the Forum, and never have.

I am “BA agnostic.” I used them weekly for many years, never had a problem, and then they pulled out of my local airport, leaving me sadly (that is irony, by the way) to the likes of LH, LX and SK. Again, I have no real issue with these carriers.

I can fully understand that, as this is very much a London-centric Forum, for obvious reasons, why the topic of BA is so much to the fore. However, it may surprise you that, as someone who has no axe to grind at all on the topic, I actually find the comments on BA to be broadly well balanced.

Yes, there are fanatics on both sides of the fence, but that is often the case in any debate. I don’t think it is necessarily the case that either side is automatically “shot down” for their views, whatever they may necessarily be. I think is it is the WAY that they are put that is often so disappointing.

There you have it – the views of a neutral, who couldn’t give a toss either way. The debate is perhaps not as bad or one-sided as some of you think.. And yes, I do agree that we could perhaps do without some of the fanatics, but this is true on both “sides” of the debate.

Safe travels,

Simon

Edited once to reflect my inability to use an iPad and its prodactive toxt.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

PS Whomsoever SM may or may not be, give him/her a chance to prove themselves. Like many of you I have my serious suspicions, but let’s give the guy/girl a break. At least for now.

S

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Well said Simon – after all, so many have posted comments about the muted launch – so the discussion / debate / pro and anti BA discussion continues.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Maybe the launch is “muted” because BA haven’t introduced any new seating or innovations like other airlines did.

pdtraveller
    Participant

Bucks net +1

That and being 6 years late with the a 380. No matter how they or any one else launches the 787 it will be a while yet before I go near it. It has a very poor reputation with fire and that on an aircraft is just not on. Certain they will resolve the issues but till then I will fly 777 and 747 and those with modern in flight products

sparkyflier
    Participant

SimonRowberry you gave me my first laugh of the day with your posts during the UK night! Thank you for that.

I think BA had started to really push the 787 but then really slowed down in light of the Ethiopean, and other incidents. It probably was about to sell it as a premium product (???) but now with enough incidents to cause the travelling public concern, it will be continued to be muted until after a period of no bad publicity.

surreytraveller
    Participant

I flew with the 787 yesterday evening from Stockholm Arlanda – their second delivery I believe, registration Juliet Bravo. Lots of excitement from the crew as you would expect, which I must say was matched by passengers. All in all, a very smooth flight .

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Some wags are re-branding the ‘Dreamliner’ as the ‘Deathliner’, which is probably harsh given that it has only killed a few batteries to date.

Still, ‘Dreamliner’ was always a bit of ‘puffery’, given that airlines will ram airliners full of seats.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Maybe Screamliner would be better?!

Anyway, you won’t catch me on one of those things until they have had a few months operating without a serious incident. I just hope Airbus are taking notes and ensure they don’t run into the same problems with the A350

conshaldow
    Participant

How about…

“The Boeing 787 Bin-liner!”

Janbeegee
    Participant

I’ll soon be flying BA Club World on the B787 from Toronto. Does anyone know if the seat configuration is new – do you still have to climb over the aisle seat footstool to exit a window seat? I can’t tell from the seat map. All seat selection tips welcome!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls