BA’s July 4th double celebration

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 136 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Although my perspective is of course correct, and yours is incorrect 😉

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Ian_from_HKG – 17/06/2013 14:33 GMT

Two things:
    1) 100% agree with all you say.
    2) It’s good to have you back.

Respectfully.
    AOTG.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

And yet, of course, I have gone through each point you made, VK, and justified my opinions, whereas you have simply taken the John Cleese approach of “automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

I leave the board to judge which of our opinions is correct (mine)

JordanD
    Participant

Open Q (although I wish that we’d somewhat stuck with the original topic, rather than the thread drift that has occurred, but there we are ..):

Lots of people on here seem to complain that BA hasn’t rolled out New F to all aircraft, leaving some 744s with Old F that BA has stated will be retried. BA has been slated for this stance.

CX has rolled out its New J product to many aircraft, but left some (744s and 343s, I believe, from above) with Old J, stating that these aircraft are to be retired. CX has not been slated for this stance.

I’m not trying to defend BA, or slag off CX, I’d just like to know: how come the difference in stance?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Following on from Jordan’s question, does anyone know how many planes BA HAS fitted with new first versus how many Old First planes are still flying? (Does this warrant a new thread? This one is about BA’s new planes…)

I’ve not commended CX on the roll out or lack thereof as it isn’t an airline I’ve ever used, however, my understanding is that CX have done a large percentage of their aircraft and have indeed installed an innovative product in both business and first.

Regards.
    AOTG.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

JordanD, you have a valid point. You may find some of the answer in my post here:

http://www.businesstraveller.asia/discussion/topic/BA-Seating?page=3

In short, CX always said it would not retrofit 747s or 340s, and retrofitted or replaced all other aircraft very quickly. What you will get now is utterly predictable (short of last-minute operational changes, which IME are rare)

More importantly, though, they do not sell only the new product and pretend the old doesn’t exist – see the link in my other post

IanFromHKG
    Participant

AOTG – re your comment at 14:44 – thanks for your kind words. I don’t always agree with you either, but of course in this instance you are totally correct! Lol

Oh, but for one comment in your post of 14:51. CX first hasn’t changed in a while. But they are already thinking about it. As well as – having just introduced the “world’s best business class” – thinking about the next-generation seat in business class as well. See the following article

http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-airbus-a350-to-get-new-first-business-class-seats

And, in particular, this excerpt:

“We’re very proud of our new business class, the second-generation flatbed product which we internally call FB2” Smith says. “But it’s going to be just over three years before our first A350-900 delivery in early 2016 and a lot can happen in a competitive marketplace.”
    “We can’t afford to stand still, and our competitors don’t stand still either. So we’re continuing to look to see whether there are further enhancements, essentially something new we might deliver in FB3.”

Just three years away, and they are rethinking what is already, arguably, the best J seat in the sky

peterhouse
    Participant

What time will the new planes be arriving at Heathrow?

bacrew1
    Participant

peterhouse…
    the 787’s are at LHR already… the A380 I’ve heard…. is due to land at 1030am (ish)

DerekChilvers
    Participant

While flying from BKK to LHR in First a couple of weeks ago, I commented to the CSD that sadly this would be the last time I flew BA on that route since First will be eliminated on BA 9/10 when a new 777 replaces the 747 in October. She commented that not only are some of the new 777s being delivered with no First, “none of the new 787s will have First.”

Does anyone know if this is true?

peterhouse
    Participant

Thanks BA Crew, I thought the 787 would have been out flying passengers by now, as they arrived last week while I was there?

Would be good for them both to “arrive” together to make a proper impact tomorrow!

Speedbird1989
    Participant

From what I hear the 787 will already be parked at LHR in front of bmi hanger and 380 due in around 10 -10:30 and will land 27L as the north of airfield unable to cope with 380 on taxi ways. Will taxi to meet the 787 in front of bmi hanger

On Saturday I saw a BA 787 parked at Hatton Cross.

ekond111
    Participant

I was wondering why there was no space in the car-park…next time hopefully BA will park their planes at Heathrow rather than in a tube station car park….

rferguson
    Participant

Derekchilvers NOT true.

None of the 787-800’s will have F.
    The 787-900’s will.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 136 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls