BA’s First Class Meal service

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• SergeantMajor
    Participant

Quite right, GoonerLondon.

The relentless negativity and childish namecalling from the usual suspects is getting boring, must put others off from posting, and is devaluing the forum.

Bullfrog, I’ve flown this route twice in the past six months.

Note that as a low J service, you’re more likely to get old F on this route if you plump for a 747 operated flight, so look forward to 50,000 avios bung if you get the old cabin (a free flight in Club World is not to be sniffed at!), or choose the 777 if you want to guarantee the new F cabin.

In the Concorde Room, try the new Roast of the Day offering, which is consistently good.

On board, stick to the soup, and then follow with the Catch of the Day (which has never disappointed exLHR) or if they are doing it, the Christmas Turkey option (which sometimes gets missed off the menus, so worth asking).

On the A380 there is a five course tasting menu which is delicious if you prefer smaller dishes, which on my most recent trip included a delicious Tomato and Basil Tea, Herb-crusted Turbot, and despite my usual “avoid the beef” mantra, the rib of Omaha beef was remarkably good. Not sure if this is yet available on other services. MIA will probably take another year before going A380 (fingers crossed!).

You can of course dine when you want to, though the general form on the earlier flight (which is the one I get) is lunch then Afternoon tea before landing, which suits me fine. I never eat directly after take off, preferring to let my lounge indulgences settle before tucking in again. Just ask the crew to wait 2-3 hours before laying your table.

Given your later departure, perhaps an early lunch in the CCR and then Tea a few hours after take off, followed by a more substantial supper before landing?

Do try the XO Rum or the pudding wine, it’s very good.

Here is a sample menu to whet your appetite:

http://www.britishairways.com/assets/pdfs/information/food-and-drink/First-sample-menu.pdf

esselle
    Participant

I suppose ultimately it is all about what your expectations are, what you consider to be an acceptable standard, and how demanding you might be.

If Poole is what you are used to, MTM will never be good enough,

SergeantMajor
    Participant

…and also an opportunity to sample Business Traveller’s 2013 award winning “Best First Class”.

Hope you enjoy it, Bullfrog!

superchris
    Participant

SM : ‘Note that as a low J service, you’re more likely to get old F on this route if you plump for a 747 operated flight, so look forward to 50,000 avios bung if you get the old cabin (a free flight in Club World is not to be sniffed at!), or choose the 777 if you want to guarantee the new F cabin.’

Are you saying that BA compensate you if you get the old first or am i misreading this??

ConcordeFlyer
    Participant

Does anyone have an idea as to the First Menu on a daytime flight leaving next week LHR – YYZ
    Keen to know whether I make the most of the Concorde Room or not…
    Happy Holidays to all !

Bullfrog
    Participant

BA’s First Class meal service is much improved. I flew out in November on the 747 (newly fitted First) & enjoyed the meal service. It is all about expectations, and having flown First to the East Coast USA many times, I know what to expect.

BA First is certainly not SQ or CX, but having just flown back on AA First, BA is far better than AA.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Really? I had high hopes for AA’s new cabins. Am booked on two sectors next year to try out F & J.

After a decade long boycott, I was hopeful they’d turned over a new leaf with the help of Chapter 11.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls