BA’s A380 Takes Centre Stage at Paris Air Show

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Anyone there this week?

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/aircraft-pictures/2013/06/british-airways-first-a380-arr.html

Looks great in the BA livery; not long to go now!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Here’s the edited flying display:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D19-t-Hhqn0

pomerol
    Participant

VK

Thank you for those links.

Yes completely agree, it looks outstanding in BA livery, a little surprised no one else has commented on this, but maybe not.

I most definitely will be looking to take a flight on this aircraft, at the very earliest opportunity.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Ahhhh…how sweet.

BigDog.
    Participant

Methinks someone has been a time traveller back to 2007 when the A380 would have been centre stage.

However it is now 2013, over 100 A380s are in service with 9 operators, so why on earth would someone believe the BA 380 is taking centre stage? Johnny-come-lately?

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Really glad that I didn’t book a flight to LAX in March using Avios to upgrade as the flights that I would have travelled on are now showing as a 747 and not an A380.

Still at least its consistently BA ie not consistent.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Um, BigDog; – had you bothered to read the report, it was the aircraft manufacture who said BA’s A380 will be taking centre stage:

Airbus says that the aircraft “will take centre stage during the first few days of the show”, to be follow by one of the airframer’s flight-test aircraft.

BigDog.
    Participant

Um, VK – if you had bothered to read my post it didn’t ask who but why? It has been in operation for 6 years, there are over 100 of them, hardly novel for most with the exception of BA.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Do you know BigDog just how many forward-thinking airlines have beaten “The World’s Slowest Airline” to the punch with A380s?

Air France 20 November 2009 (8 x A380)
    China Southern Airlines 17 October 2011 (5 x A380)
    Emirates 1 August 2008 (33 x A380)
    Korean Air 17 June 2011 (6 x A380)
    Lufthansa 6 June 2010 (10 x A380)
    Malaysia Airlines 1 July 2012 (6 x A380)
    Qantas 20 October 2008 (12 x A380)
    Singapore Airlines 25 October 2007 (19 x A380)
    Thai Airways International 27 September 2012 (4 x A380)

Did you see the Singapore & Qantas A380s on the BBC this week from Heathrow? 2.5 million UK viewers did.
    Rgds.
    AOTG.

VintageKrug
    Participant

And how many of those have BA’s increased Maximum Take Off Weight A380?

None.

Flyboy18
    Participant

Do you know what for some people the BA A380 is a big deal so please don’t be so disrespectful, AOTG and Big Dog. really, the constant put downs are getting very repetitive and boring. If you don’t want to fly on it please don’t bother and maybe when people who have flown on it are happy with the product then you’ll not be able to comment because you’ve not been on it.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

scott72
    +1

Be_Nice
    Participant

scott 72

Yes I agree with you, why the constant boring repetitive posts from others as they are meaningless. Yes we can skim over and not read, but they clog the thread.

I am looking forward to BAs A380s and hope I can ‘enjoy’ as much as other airlines. I don’t really enjoy any flight that much, it’s a necessity to get about as I only wish to have a safe flight. I am fortunate that I travel first for business and leisure whenever the cabin is available.

Have a good day all.

Marlene

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I do hope the Site Administrators gardening is concluded soon. This is worse than a bickering in a playground.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls