BA’s 787: Pics and Video Review

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Well written blog from one of the first passenger flights of the BA 787 from NCL; no BBQ on board, thankfully.

http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/flights/british-airways-boeing-787-unveiled-at-newcastle-airport/

The larger windows do look good!

Nice pics SM

The 787 does not look like a wide-bodied aircraft. Is it just me?

SergeantMajor
    Participant

You’re right, it does look slimmer when you see it in the flesh. But of course it is slimmer than the “jumbos” we’re used to.

The cabin looks spacious inside:

http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/787-NCL-Club-World-2-630×418.jpg

Quite…and talking of which, I am due to fly in CW on an even slimmer number tomorrow. I just pray I don’t miss my connection as I like to pop outside T1 to admire the flower boxes. Btw, have you seen the strangely coloured wheelbarrows outside T5 arrivals? Only the other day I could not quite credit it when I saw a person sitting in one and smoking at the same time.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Is that the 767? To where?

dcjdjay
    Participant

If the DC-10s, Tristars, 767s and Airbus A330/340s are wide-bodied aircraft, then so is the 787.

tiggerbrown
    Participant

Other than the daily ARN run, is the 787 scheduled to cover any other route?

SergeantMajor
    Participant

It’s still listed in the timetable as a 767.

BA is probably trying to minimise any disappointment by giving the 787 a “soft” launch.

That’s probably wise, giving the initial issues, and further evidence of the wisdom of not piling in to be a launch customer on new types of aircraft.

Swissdiver
    Participant

It looks like in CW it is 2+3+2 while the B767 is 2+2+2… It triggered my curiosity. According to Wikipedia, the B767 is 5.03m wide (fuselage) while the B787 is 5.77m. Maximum cabin width is respectively 4.72m and 5.49m. Is 0.77m enough for an extra CW seat? Apparently, yes…

SergeantMajor
    Participant

But the “ying/yang” design means that a Club World seat can be fitted into a smaller cross section – so the sitting area of the seat is wider than 77cm/30 inches.

It’s a terrific design for keeping fares competitive and maximising profits, as well as maintaining privacy during travel.

Bucksnet
    Participant

The BA 787 picture in the blog is actually the stretched -9 variant which has not even flown yet, so could not have possibly been at Newcastle airport.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls