BA’s ‘24 hour cooling off’ period

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Bullfrog
    Participant

The tough trading conditions created by the pandemic shouldn’t allow airlines to trade in ‘sharp practice’.

I purchased two BA tickets on BA.com worth £ 750. BA’s previous policy of a full refund, if cancelled within 24 hours of booking, seems to have been changed to ‘vouchers issued in lieu’.

Cancelling online was impossible, only vouchers were available. I made every effort to contact BA by twitter and by phone. After 40 minutes on the phone, a BA telephone salesperson said ‘I won’t be the first to complain about this policy, nor will I be the last’. Fortunately my call was answered with minutes to spare before the 24 hours elapsed, and I got a full refund.

I’d appreciate knowing what other contributors have experienced.

ASK1945
    Participant

Bullfrog

Perhaps not strictly to the point you are making – about which I agree your frustration – I usually book using the £10 deposit facility, before committing finally to the flights a day or so later.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Thank you for pointing that out .. I don’t recall seeing that on BA’s website.

ASK1945
    Participant

I don’t recall seeing that on BA’s website.

It comes at the payment stage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller September / October 2021 cover
Business Traveller September / October 2021 cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls