Barcelona FC's gender seat gap

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• transtraxman
    Participant

@christopheL #878305

@GivingupBA

The situation of one of the couple flying Business Class while the other flies Economy is quite understandable. It depends on the paymaster. A company offers accomodation in Business then one would well take advantage of that. When you have to fork out of your own pocket for a ticket it is understandable to fly the cheaper class.
    I would bet my bottom dollar that the couple stay in the same hotel with the company paying.

2 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

transtraxman

I hadn’t ‘forgotten’ half the club, I just don’t know enough about football to know how it works. I hadn’t thought it through. Your comments of course make sense and thank you for the enlightenment.

I would bet my bottom dollar that the couple stay in the same hotel with the company paying.

True, and I’ve done the same, but generally the price for a room for one or a room for two is the same or very similar.

2 users thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=878305]It remembers me the post of someone on this forum who explained a few years ago that he had paid an economy ticket to his wife for her to be able to come with him on a business trip when he was flying business. He flew business ans let his wife flying economy…[/quote]

Guilty as charged!!!

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=878462]

It remembers me the post of someone on this forum who explained a few years ago that he had paid an economy ticket to his wife for her to be able to come with him on a business trip when he was flying business. He flew business ans let his wife flying economy…

Guilty as charged!!![/quote]

Me too, LP… oh dear… more than once, long haul… I offered to put Mrs in business class, but she strongly refused. I also offered to swap seats (Y to C) with her after takeoff, but she again refused.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Likely story! The A346 has plenty of seats for one team in business and even more in economy so probably the women decided to get 3 seats each to sleep better and not be split up?
    Its fake news really by the PC BBC (except salaries – they’re very non PC!) and now the government wants to control fake news!
    Atleast that item won’t cost the licence payers well over £1million (more like £2m!) as reporting on Sir Cliff did.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=878470]Me too, LP… oh dear… more than once, long haul… I offered to put Mrs in business class, but she strongly refused. I also offered to swap seats (Y to C) with her after takeoff, but she again refused.[/quote]

Aren’t we terrible? Mrs. LP thinks it’s a waste of money and says she’d rather spend the money saved on a new bag or pair of shoes. I can’t argue with that!

canucklad
    Participant

I find myself agreeing with transtraxman on this ….the BBC seem to be seeking out situations like this, trying to create a band wagon frenzy , probably to deflect from their own short comings.

Rather than having a pop at Barcelona , you’d think the PC brigade at the BBC would celebrate the clubs directors decision to invest in the minority team , and bring them along so they can bask in the limelight of Messi and his overpaid superstar team mates.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/news/2018-2019/first-mixed-us-tour-in-fc-barcelona-history-calendar

christopheL
    Participant

@GivingupBA
    “Me too, LP… oh dear… more than once, long haul… I offered to put Mrs in business class, but she strongly refused. I also offered to swap seats (Y to C) with her after takeoff, but she again refused.”
    My memory was not about someone who offered his “reluctant” wife to travel in business but someone who travelled in business while his wife was travelling W without asking …

@LuganoPirate

“Aren’t we terrible? Mrs. LP thinks it’s a waste of money and says she’d rather spend the money saved on a new bag or pair of shoes. I can’t argue with that!”
    Did she check the price of your business ticket and used the difference with her own economy ticket to buy some pairs of shoes and/or some bags ?

@GivingupBA
    and LuganoPirate
    Your wives are really wonderfull. Don’t let them go !!!

1 user thanked author for this post.

christopheL
    Participant

@Canucklad
    “Rather than having a pop at Barcelona , you’d think the PC brigade at the BBC would celebrate the clubs directors decision to invest in the minority team , and bring them along so they can bask in the limelight of Messi and his overpaid superstar team mates”.

Instead of Barcelona I would have played the game to the end and seated the “minority” team with the “majority” team and take a photograph onboard to take some pictures …

transtraxman
    Participant

Yesterday, the well known pundit and ex Athletic Bilbao and Barcelona player, Julio Salinas, stated in his weekly back page column in the sports daily MUNDODEPORTIVO the following ……”the Habit of Creating Artificial Controversies”.

“This week we have seen two examples of artificial controversies. On one side we have seen Iniesta……while on the other there is the question of the female team’s trip. There is no machismo nor discrimination, if the travelling companions were the B team (filial) or the junior teams then they would also have travelled in economy class. There are (club) teams which travel by bus, others in economy class and others in business class. When I go with the “Legands”. I go in tourist class, others in first class and Ronaldinho in a private jet. It just goes to show there are a lot of people who wish to stir things up.”

If somebody like Julio Salinas, not one of my favourite commentators, can state the way things work in Barcelona Football Club(and many other sports) so simply then this thread should be put to bed and the beeb ignored.

Flightlevel
    Participant

It must be a Catalan matter,the airport joked it couldn’t extend/build a RWY because Messi lived there (actually it’s a large estate with many wealthy people).
    They had to apologise to him to avoid a legal complaint!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls