Bangkok meetup for Forum members – December 2017

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

I had been toying with the idea of coming but it doesn’t work out datewise for me as I have an 80th. birthday party dinner to attend in London on the 12th and the young man would be very disappointed if I didn’t turn up, as it’s rather a ‘formal’ dinner.

I wish you all a very enjoyable gathering.

Since there seem to be a fair number of us who visit CPT frequently, maybe we could work on doing something there next year.

capetonianm
    Participant

Just to add something about a CPT meeting, as per an email this morning from a mate of mine :

“…… look forward to seeing you. We have to drink wine because there is no ****** water!!”

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=836494]Just to add something about a CPT meeting, as per an email this morning from a mate of mine :
    “…… look forward to seeing you. We have to drink wine because there is no ****** water!!”
    [/quote]

😉 😉 😉

Great idea Capetonian. Let me know if i can help.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Spoke to the landlord in the Mucky D a few weeks ago and he said with reservation he would let Martyn enter the hallowed ground of the Duck..as long as he reframes from going on about that “team”…mai ko jai…not into rugby or cricket…Heading back to Blighty next week with a couple of days in Khun Wifies Bann in Bangers so will recheck..again…He was pixzed that night..Just heard House in North Smoke sold STC so will be busy but will try and get back for..11-12..13 Dec.or whatever..Now retired so it Steerage class although have my Gold C on Etihad…so yalla yalla…Concorde is but a distant memory..Sanuk..and Choc dee..jao..

K1ngston
    Participant

LP did Martyn update you as to the correct Westin?? If not I think I have your details I can email you??

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Apologies again for the thread bump..

13th December, Wednesday week, dinner arranged in central BKK.. if there is anyone who would like to join the evening, please email [email protected] for details. All are welcome….

Alan
    Participant

I too would like to participate!

traveldoc1
    Participant

Really sad I will miss the BKK meet up. Would have been good to meet up with my fellow BT-ers. Hope you all have a great evening.

K1ngston
    Participant

A week to go fellow BKK forums members …… I hope that all of you visiting the region forget your coats, scarfs and wooly jumpers as its HOT in region at the moment …

See you all next week (those who are coming)

capetonianm
    Participant

Wishing you all a very pleasant gathering, and here’s to having the next one in CPT if there’s any water left.

K1ngston
    Participant

Oh we will be doing plenty of that Capetonianm…..Martyn has been in training for a couple of weeks now!!!

donkeyasia
    Participant

To those who cannot attend, there are seven diners, a five-course menu, in a recently Michelin guide ‘plat’ French restaurant, in a garden in the middle of Bangkok. The only problem I can foresee is getting home.

traveldoc1
    Participant

Great choice of restaurant. Great food and good wine – and a really excellent cheese board (well…by Bangkok standards at any rate). Increasingly envious that I cannot be there. Enjoy, everyone!!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Have a great evening, everyone, I’ll raise a glass to you.

capetonianm
    Participant

I will have been dragged to Kensington for my sins. When I’m having my early morning cuppa I shall think of you enjoying your lunch in BKK.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls