Bangkok International airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

• skywards
    Participant

I was checking flights to Bangkok from Schiphol (ebookers) Qatar Airways have business class prices from £913 which includes two dreamliners, one A380, and one B77W…an unbelievable fare to an unbelievable airport. Fares are after June 16th.

canucklad
    Participant

episode 3…..
    An interesting and informative programme …… especially after an afternoons
    lashings of Dunbar’s finest. ..

And Irons80, you’ve got it right ……..you’ve got stick a dysfunctional brain dead head on to fully value the educational lessons made by the geniuses who came up this tosh

HarryMonk
    Participant

Unfortunately Canucklad, anyone who lives in the UK and owns a TV has no legal choice other than to pay “the geniuses who came up with tosh” who commission this crap

ChrisJR
    Participant

The BBC Bangkok Airport programme did make me a little embarrassed to be British – only watched the fist episode, not sure if I can face the rest. I always leave at least one (if not two) credit cards in a different location to my wallet (locked in a case, or in the room safe) just in case, and some cash. And scans and photo copies of all passport and visa’s.
    At least Thai Airways are getting rid of those old 747’s – although I love upper deck, the beds were very uncomfortable and I felt very sorry for anyone who got the downstairs seats up against the galley wall. I tend to use Qatar to go from LHR to BKK now as the fares as soon good as is the service and the fleet (as long as it isn’t the A330 or A340’s).
    Thai lounges are some of the worst for a major airlines main hub – the food isn’t good, most don’t serve wine. I only hope QR will open up their own lounge – it’s ok when you can use the BA/Qantas lounge when it’s open (as a OW Silver/Gold), but otherwise you’re stuck with Thai.

scott66
    Participant

I’ve got to agree with Chris, I too a ashamed to be British. The programme did have the Airport/Easyjet feel to it.

I came across an interesting post on

http://www.ajarn.com/ajarn-street/postbox/want-to-be-in-a-bbc-documentary/

“Are you travelling through Bangkok between now and March 22nd 2014, or know anyone who is? If so, we’d love to speak to you about featuring on a big new KEO Films documentary for the BBC.

Bangkok has just overtaken London as the most visited city in the world, and we want to celebrate its status as a diverse and unique travel destination. We’re posting on Ajarn because one of the things we’re most interested in is people who are travelling over to work – whether short-term or long-term, and especially young people going over to teach English.

We’re going to be based at Bangkok Airport, filming the start of people’s journeys, and catching up with them at the end to hear about their experiences. We wouldn’t need much of your time – we anticipate that we’ll want a short interview at arrival and departure. However, we’re planning to follow a few stories out into Thailand and film them in more detail – but we would work around you and whatever you were happy with. We’re also inviting people to do some of their own filming, capturing their own footage of their experiences on their phones or cameras, which we can incorporate with our airport filming.

If you’re travelling through Bangkok before March 22nd and would be interested in appearing on the programme (or just having a chat with us to find out more), please email <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected].”

… A clear explanation as to why ‘the worst of British’ feature so heavily in the programme.

K1ngston
    Participant

Just had a mini trip to BKK and I have to say the airport excelled itself in the total incompetence league this time! From check in to clearing passport control this week was just under 2 hours, which is totally unacceptable in the 21st century…. The smiling airport it most certainly was not!!!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi K1ngston – what happened to take 2 hours? The Q’s at immigration??

Need fastrack passes – I have some spare…

IanFromHKG
    Participant

ChrisJR, you do also have the option of the CX lounge. It is far from the world’s greatest, I admit, but I still think it is better than the Thai J offering I have seen

Hopefully things will improve when the new CX lounge opens

K1ngston
    Participant

Yes please MartynSinclair if you have any spare, that would be fantastic … The immigration and Passport Control was heaving complete and total nightmare …….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

let me know when you are in London next or email an address you would like them sent..

I should be in BKK next end of April early May

K1ngston
    Participant

Thanks MartynSinclair have sent you a message … I appreciate it

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls