Bangkok in July

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

wannabe
    Participant

I need to travel to Bangkok in July for a stay of between 10-14 days.

The flight prices in economy seemed to have jumped to around £850 per person.

Does anyone have any tips how to bring the fares down?

alamyfly
    Participant

I don’t follow why this fare is so high.

I’ve just done a simple check, nothing clever, on our system at http://www.marktimetravel.com; and I’m getting £588.

Obviously, I don’t know exact dates, whether you are willing to accept a restricted ticket, or even, for sure, that you are talking ex-London, but hopefully this info will help.

I am a very frequent traveller to BKK and am travelling in August.Fare was circa £400.

wannabe
    Participant

Hi alamyfly,

Thank you for your reply.

I am travelling from Manchester.

I had a look at this website, but the cheapest i got for travel out 19th July back 31st July was £703 with long connections in Doha.

How did you get the the £588 ?

alamyfly
    Participant

Yep, I’m afraid that is an ex-London price for some random dates I chose in July.

In fact for the actual dates ex-London it is a few pence less at £587.12, and, in my view, a better airline.

I’m afraid £703 ex-Manchester is lowest I can find; and I’ve no clever tricks up my sleeve, so limited is capacity out of Manchester.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

this may be a hassle BUT easy jet to Rome and then there is an charter airline to bkk. I am not sure how much they charge, but it could be worth a check. They are called something Blue something.

alamyfly
    Participant

I’m not familiar with Martyn’s suggestion, but one I look up is Berlin by low-cost, then charter out of Berlin to Bangkok It isn’t normally competitive against London to Bangkok , but might be worth checking how it works as against Manchester to Bangkok

MarcusUK
    Participant

prices have shot up this is true, to Asia generally in economy & premium.

I often get better fares through an indirect flight into Asia, then on.
    Thought of AirAsiaX, they have a daily flights from STN to KUL, then flights also up to all over Asia for a low cost rate…

If you prepared to fly from London (take an advance fare Virgin Train down) just checked one website, netflights.co.uk – JetAirways have flights return for £499.
    Also, some Airline sites, such as Etihad, have their own sales not on the main travel agent sites. Their fares have been from £399 return.
    Air France & Lufthansa have some good sales at the moment also, -30-40% off.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls