Bangkok Airways ATR72-500 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

I took this flight to Phnom Penh as the final leg, after travelling from the UK. Having failed to collect my luggage in Bangkok from my BA flight, I was landside but, armed with my boarding pass, issued in Glasgow, headed straight back through security and Immigration to the departures area in very good time for my onward flight. Bangkok has to be the very best airport in the world for exercise and the architects should be congratulated on creating an athlete’s dream but a traveller’s nightmare!! Having no lounge access for this flight, I obtained my free wifi docket from Information and settled down to catch up on the world for a while. I then headed to the distant gate in good time for my flight.

Boarding was via a bus ride and started 40 minutes before depature – all 20 or so passengers quickly transfered to the aircraft well ahead of schedule. We taxied immediately and were airborne soon afterwards. Service for a short, regional flight was excellent on “Asia’s Boutique Airline” and included an excellent hot meal of chicken and rice. We landed over 30 minutes early and, after disembarking, the e-visa system had worked well so Immigration was a breeze. With no luggage to collect (my suitcase was still in T3 at Heathrow or so I had been led to believe), I was landside in no time and into my waiting taxi.

An excellent regional flight of just over one hour – very different to European experiences!!

CXDiamond
    Participant

I thought Bangkok Airways provided lounge access for all their passengers?

TominScotland
    Participant

If they do, I missed out….

Edski777
    Participant

They do, at least at BKK. A very nice gesture that is appreciated by many.
    Can imagine that you have other things to worry about when someone forgot to take your luggage along. Who was the culprit?

TominScotland
    Participant

BA but they recovered superbly – see my 747 Mid J report!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls