Bali- Lion Air overshoots runways into sea

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Did we ever own Bali?

Oh, five years I see. Pfff.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Not at all.
    The news as it was available at the time, very early on, was put up on here.
    Of course it is clarifies as time passes, but those were the initial reports.

In my view the runway remains, “Dodgy” compared to many others around the world, as supported on here, and with colleagues, and a KLM Purser who Manages the flight there from AMS twice a month.

Edski777 makes the same valid point. Many landings all over the world are quite an experience for those on board, and some Airports are know to be more eventful than others. I have had these in Africa, Asia, South America, especially.

I am sure every contributor on BT can relate several difficult landings, that go unreported, each year.

I once was landing at AUH on a 767 with KLM 5 years ago, and 10 seconds before landing, it Pulled up with sudden change, engines full. A saudi Airlines cargo 747 was pulling onto the runway ahead of us, and as we pulled back up we flew over the top of it! We had to make a Go Around, and the crews were rather shocked also.

It was never reported…

SimonS1
    Participant

Is the runway at AUH ‘dodgy’ then?

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls