Baggage delay claim with AA – any experience?

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• WestBay
    Participant

Does anybody have any experience of claiming the baggage delay compensation money from AA? They delayed my baggage for 23 days(!). I sent the claim as advised on their website, and have not got any response for over 3 months. it is impossible also to call them – nobody answer in the central baggage Office. Is there any way to make them at least reply? Thank you.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Yes. Sue them.

Not meant to be a snarky response, btw, but a genuine one. When I have been given the run-around by airlines I have taken them to the Small Claims Tribunal. If they don’t reply, they get a virtually automatic judgment against them. I have had one claim rejected on jurisdictional principles (I was suing for my younger daughter, who is a minor, but the SCT doesn’t have provision for claims by minors). In each other case, I have received settlement for the full amount.

I don’t know where you are based, and therefore don’t know what the small claims system is like in your jurisdiction, but if it is available it can be very effective, particularly for minor claims, since (a) the cost to file a claim is generally small (so minimal risk for the claimant), (b) the winning party can’t claim costs against the other side, so the cost of defending the case is disproportionately high (and again, minimal risk for the claimant), and (c) lawsuits tend to get a level of attention that normal online claims do not.

Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls