BAEC Silver flying AA Eco LHR-MSY

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

GeneintheUK
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the noob question, so please point me to the appropriate thread if this has been asked before.

Just turned BAEC Silver and am booked on an AA economy flight from LHR T3 to MSY. Wondering if this gives me access to similar services I would get on BA (i.e. advanced seat selection, advanced boarding, Lounge access, etc…)

Thanks in advance
    Gene

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Yes to all.

Use AA’s Business Class check in, too.

If there’s availability you *may* be able to upgrade to Business Class using avios, too.

Even travelling Y, you’ll have access to the T3 BA Galleries lounge and Cathay lounge as well as AA’s, so go lounge surfing.

Either lounges are preferable to AA’s apology for a waiting room.

GeneintheUK
    Participant

Thanks, Sarge 😉

*May* be able to upgrade to business class? Tell me more.

G

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Well, it’s dependent on the class of ticket you booked, whether you booked it direct or through a TA, whether there’s availability (on one or both sectors, assuming this is not direct) and if you have enough avios.

I’m not an expert on upgrading on AA, and though I *believe* it’s possible to upgrade using avios on AA metal, I’m unsure if that’s the case or whether it can be done online or has to be phoned in, who you’d call (BA or AA) and what fees/charges are involved; also depends whether it’s actually worth it as most of AA old longhaul fleet are not worth upgrading on as the seat isn’t even flat in business class.

GeneintheUK
    Participant

Thanks for that, Seargeant.

I will have a look at that. And I agree with you on the point of staying in Y… sometimes if you get a decent seat there’s not need to move up to J, especially if the seats go flat.

Nice tip about the Lounge hopping… will deffo try that 🙂

G

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

You can only upgrade on American if booked direct I believe. Economy would have to be in Y or B class. These are very high fares for economy (can be more than cheap Business Class) so most likely you cannot upgrade with Avios:

Upgrades are available from the following booking classes:
    – British Airways: J, C, D, R, I, W, E, T, Y, B, H
    – American Airlines and Iberia: J, C, D, Y, B

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls