BAEC (Gold) renewal benefits – curious additions

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

I have just received my renewal bumpf and attach the 2 documents received, along with my card.

The renewal letter is pretty standard, but the accompanying “Your Gold Member privileges” (with the Golden ticket stuck on the reverse) contains a list of new benefits.

The letter states I can a companion into the F lounge whilst the other document states I can share BA lounges with 2 guests.

Membership of Hilton Diamond Elite, 2 Gold guest List rewards… etc etc…

I have flown 2,500+ tier points for the past 2 – 3 years, but certainly no where near the 5,000 needed for guest list..

Is this an error or are these benefits for real???

FDOS_UK
    Participant

My pack should be coming through in the next week, so I’ll see if it has the same info and post on here.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

@MartynSinclar

Has it not always been the case that you could take a companion into the F lounge? I do it most weeks at T5. Two guests would be different.
    I am also due to receive my renewal pack in the next few day so will review it with interest. While I did make +2500 points last year, I think it was only 2300 the year before.

Instead of Hilton Diamond Elite (is that any good?), I’d rather they did something useful like interline bags!!!!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I wish Miles and More would offer Hilton Diamond Elite to their Gold Card holders.
    They do interline bags though!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Martyn.
    If you were guest list prior to 2016 (I think) then you can requalify for guest list status with 3,000 tier points in a collection year.

You mention guest list rewards so it looks like you may have been given that status. Check your card for a small GL symbol on the top right corner.

K1ngston
    Participant

Martyn, don’t they all bow in your presence anyway and allow whoever you are travelling with?? They certainly do in BKK where I tell them we’re related!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

K1ngston – the same cant be said about BAEC…

So I have now got to the bottom of my renewal letters.

Apparently a few BAEC members were sent incorrect renewal benefits notifications. Quite a few Silver members were sent Gold benefit invitations and a handful of Golds were sent Gold guest list invitations.

After speaking to BAEC over a week ago, I called again to see what was happening. The answer was the loyalty team reviewed the cases and decided not to make any changes. They also did not feel it was necessary to contact the affected passengers to explain or apologize for the error.

Normally, this would not bother me, but combined with the useless upgrade vouchers (I have 2 of them, currently on my account) which I have been told I can never use due to my routings, once again shows the total lack of customer focus / attention, BA give to their so called “loyal” customers.

Cloud-9
    Participant

At least you have Hilton Diamond status for a year 😉

Jonathon
    Participant

Sounds like a fair few good perks! I’m still silver… working on the gold… 395 tier points to go!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

My pack came through correctly, so it look slike they fixed the issues.

Martyn is spot on regarding the lack of customer focus, though.

nevereconomy
    Participant

After 15 years Gold and a few more as Silver I believe that this year will see my departure from the very doubtful benefits of BA status. In all those years the most noticeable recognition of my status was from JAL, CX and QF – virtually nothing from BA. They cancelled my flights and sent me to other airports with never an offer of an upgrade or rental car paid for – even Delta was better than BA when there was a problem! From now on it will be whoever gives me proper First Class service for a First Class fare – so AF/LH/QR depending on destination. For my regular flights to PHL it will be AA Business direct from MAN – frankly very close to BA F and a fraction of the price and more important, no Heathrow involved.

NNoah16
    Participant

Just hit 1500 renewal point 5 months into the year and I received a Golden Ticket letter. Did not happen before.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls