BAEC – card expiry date

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

On 8th October my Tier Points were reset to zero although my Silver card remained valid until 30th November. On Saturday I flew from Belfast to Luxembourg, pushing me back up to Silver.

What I found surprising, and the point of this post, is that my new Silver card is valid until November 2016!!!

Travellator
    Participant

Card print error check your membership details on BAEC website to be sure, as an aside DUB to LHR in Club attracts 80 TP !

I haven’t actually received my new Silver card Travellator but my online BA account clearly states expiry date 30/11/16.

And Dublin is just 100 miles too far Lol

Travellator
    Participant

Not if you are connecting to far off fields – huge savings make the 100 miles painless !

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Attracts 80 points but costs around £650 return!

Travellator
    Participant

Can be bought MUCH cheaper than that and enjoy European BA fares to wherever and NO APD !

jazzcharley
    Participant

Well, I got to Silver in August 2014. When I received my card in the post, the expiry date printed on the card was 03/2016, and on the website it says the same – 31 March 2016. My TPs expire annually on 8 February, so I just assumed the card is valid for the whole of the next TP year, plus a month. Is that wrong?

It’s been a slog by the way… my company will pay for only the cheapest fares, and I fly UK domestic only (mainly LHR-EDI): 1080 TPs equate to exactly 108 flights in a TP year, but I have no chance of ever getting to Gold.

HappytobeSilver
    Participant

jazzcharley, yes. You obviously reached 600 TPs in August 2014 and in doing so earned an update to silver for the rest of your current points year which ends 8 February as well as gaining silver from 8/2/15 until 8/2/16. Had you reached 600 points only on 7/2/15 you would have gained silver until 8/2/16 as well. Your exec card is always valid until the end of the month after your tier points are reset, hence for you, March 2016. Enjoy!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls