BAEC Avios versus Miles and More from an booking administration perspective

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

I’ve been doing quite a bit of redemption of BAEC Avios and Lufthansa/SWISS Miles and More (“MM”) recently.

Comparing these two programmes from an account admin perspective threw up and unusual disadvantage of the MM programme when compared to BAEC Avios.

I have been booking Avios flights (all generally intra Europe) and had the need to cancel/rebook some of these. All done online via the BAEC with no hassle.

I needed to cancel a MM booking and went online only to find that there was no Cancellation button. (also there was no ability to select my seat on the long haul business class booking).

To cancel the MM booking (and received a refund of my MM points and taxes paid), I needed to call the MM number which was a PREMIUM rate number at CHF 1 per minute. I also needed to have to hand a credit card to pay the cancellation fee and also provide some digits of my MM pin.

I emailed MM to see of there was a mechanism for me to cancel the booking without calling them on a PREMIUM RATE NUMBER but they confirmed that this was the only way.

Not often one gets to say this but the BA system is in this case sunstantially better than the LUFTHANSA/SWISS system for administering redemption bookings.

5 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls