Bad baggage handling case

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

• Anonymous

bshankar
    Participant

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note my self shankar iyer and wife Ratnam iyer had faced issues with the flight and baggage not arriving on time [from Etihad Airways]

it had happened to my friend Yfrah who is also marked in the mail. I had got some important items to my aged ailing parents

Rather being polite the staff of your code share Jet airways were not friendly , the information, service in handling was not to expected standard
    were not even ready to give me any sort cash assistance it seems economy class are not treated like passenger and only priority is given to business class as they pay more money.

it has caused distress and stress to my scheduled.

I am totally surprised with the continuous misplacement of bags and flight delays episodes. I have traveled world wide with Emirates, Qatar etc they are very efficient and prompt in services.

I am getting bit worried about my future travels ie return journey since it has already upset my plans etc.

I hope you all take a note of what happened.

Cheers,
    Shankar Iyer

FDOS_UK
    Participant

This is where you need to post your complaint

https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/about-us/contact-us/feedback/

bshankar
    Participant

Unfortunately it has all been done and it is of no use since Etihad doesn’t seems to be caring for economy class passengar. It has been same with your code share Jetairways India their representative just treat us worst than cattle at Mumbai Airport

adking29
    Participant

@bshankar

that still doesn’t change the fact that your issue will not be [directly] resolved here… just pointing out the obvious…

+1 @FDOS_UK

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I think you’ve answered the question yourself Bshankar, they only care about business class pax as they pay much more.

You don’t say your route or how much you paid but in today’s day and age with the most minimum of comfort and service given to Economy passengers due to the very low revenue the airline receives, it will be frankly amazing if you even get an acknowledgement. One Y pax more or less will make no difference to them at all I’m sorry to say.

My advice, don’t even waste your time or energy on it, just move on as you’ll get nothing from them.

bshankar
    Participant

That is true they can only sponsor big football club they don’t care for cattle class passengar or scum class i guess it was my biggest blunder to travel with them Emirates are best and matter of fact Qatar airways seems to better.

I really pity my friend who travelled in business class got raw deal.

EtihadAirways
    Participant

Hi Shankar,

Has your friend had a response yet? You can email us at <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] with your full feedback and we’ll take it from ther. We would like to apologize if this has taken longer than expected. *JP

bshankar
    Participant

Hi There,
    What a Irony till date Eithad has not bothered to contact me instead they are offering points to travel which is nothing another way of keeping the passengar travel with them for more rubbish service. In mean time i had heard lots of my friends having same issue what i have faced. I did travel thru Emirates in March 2016 the flight was delayed they gave us food voucher even with out asking us and also when I had missed the connecting flight due to mumbai they gave food voucher and gave us good seating arrangment extra leg room. My wife had travelled recently to mumbai thru British Airways to mumbai on way back the flight was delayed by half day and when she called the air lines without any hitch or question they refunded the fare . These are the 2 examples of good customer service after sales.

Here is the moral of incident never travel thru Eithad even though they offer less price the customer must be prepared to face the stress and hardship irespective of any class or gender for they profit is more important than customer service.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=592795]I think you’ve answered the question yourself Bshankar, they only care about business class pax as they pay much more.

You don’t say your route or how much you paid but in today’s day and age with the most minimum of comfort and service given to Economy passengers due to the very low revenue the airline receives, it will be frankly amazing if you even get an acknowledgement. One Y pax more or less will make no difference to them at all I’m sorry to say.

My advice, don’t even waste your time or energy on it, just move on as you’ll get nothing from them.

[/quote]

Bshankar, read the above and listen to the wise advice from a gentleman who travels very heavily.

So do, often in business class.

My yearly spend is about 0.0000000006% of an airlines revenues – they simply do not care about individual customers and you will only stress yourself.

bshankar
    Participant

If one don’t speak out their mind These bunch of cheap airliness will continue to treat economy passengar as scum or cattle. One should really appreciate the tolorence or patients from the Indian subcontient people are able to cope up with these treat i guess they are use to be treated in similar way any way good luck to them.

Be happy and fly with Emirates or anyother airlines not Eithad since they can take care of Posh footballers for their free ride and not worry about regular travellers 🙂

MrMichael
    Participant

bshankar, all airlines are pretty much the same when it comes to this type of thing. Whether it is Etihad, Ryanair, British Airways or Emirates, they are small margin mass transit organisations that like FDOS and LP states, are not interested in individual issues from passengers that do not pay premium fares. Best to move on and put it down to the frustrations of International travel in the 21st century.

1 user thanked author for this post.

bshankar
    Participant

British Airways and Emirates are exceptional they are good i guess people are Indian subcontinent are use to getting crap and rubbish treatment back home so they are use to it and i hope you are not working for Eithad and defending the low budget cattle class who only take care of Man city players. Hope you are not getting any tips or incentive from Eithad 🙂

GivingupBA
    Participant

Dear Shankar, I do sympathize with you, believe me, I really do. I’ve had 3 suitcases lost – 2 were returned, 1 was never found. But let’s look at some numbers – more than 3 billion people fly every year: and if 50% of them check in one bag, and 1% of bags are lost/ misplaced, that means that 15 million bags are lost/ don’t arrive every year. A massive problem for airlines, and yet it is often not the airlines’ fault, but the airport’s or someone else’s fault.

MrMichael
    Participant

@bshankar. I am waiting having described Etihad as no better or worse than other carriers for my free Etihad First Class return for two pax from London to Oz. I think it highly likely though that I too will be disappointed! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls