Bad Airways and the information commissioners

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any advice welcomed – The information commissioners office have confirmed that in my complaint said airline have failed to comply with regulations and that BA have provided information to the ICO offices that confirms they mislead me ( failed to reveal the whole truth ) regarding what they called a ” full investigation into complaint “.

I have taken legal advice and am pursuing complaint. Would like to maximise exposure during the legal process for said airline to highlight deliberate blocking tactics / proving misleading information etc – any advice ideas welcome.

1 user thanked author for this post.

openfly
    Participant

I have had two serious complaints with BA over the last few weeks. I have received no reply or acknowledgement from BA. I have written and then phoned the Exec Club Gold Customer Relations line twice on both complaints to be told that each complaint “has been looked at and dropped, with no further action”.
    This action would appear to be BAs way of reducing the number of complaints.
    Quite disgraceful.

capetonianm
    Participant

That reminds me of their sister company, Iberia. When I had several serious complaints relating to one round trip of 4 sectors BCN-MAD-JNB and return. I had written, faxed (it was a long time ago) attempted to get through on the phone to their ‘servicios al cliente’ at their head office in Madrid (where I lived at the time).

I sent several letters by recorded delivery, handed copies in personally to their office, faxed (it was a long time ago) and phoned only to be cut off as soon as someone answered, if they ever answered. One day I phoned and a person answered. I thought it was going to be the cleaner, but it was a real live ‘customer service’ agent, who pretended not to be able to speak English, or probably couldn’t, so I switched to Spanish which somewhat threw her, and after giving her details of my complaints and asking her why it had been ignored, I received a disarmingly honest answer :
    “Joder, macho, tenemos un monton de quejas y asi resulta imposible tratarlas!”
    Roughly translated :
    “F…., we have so many complaints that it is impossible to deal with them.”

The Spanish word ‘servicios’ also means toilet, and sexual ‘services’ so it is highly appropriate.

I suspect the situation at BAd Airways is similar.

DavidArnold
    Participant

I made a complaint with BA in September relating to a credit card payment/part avios redemption for 2 flights in Club to Pisa where the card payment had not be made. When l arrived at Gatwick check in l had to wait at the desk whilst the check agent called the BA Helpline who h took about 15 minutes. I was a bit upset but reassured and that payment would be taken whilst at check in. All was resolved but l did complain to BA Gold and within a week l had an emaol apologising which l was happy with.
    I do not know what your complaint is about but as this is the only complaint l have made in 40 years of flying primarily with BA they are a good airline to fly with. Again those who moan about BA will surface like dolphins but l have said before if you really feel aggrieved fly another airline because the transparency of your comment shine through!!

capetonianm
    Participant

For some people, and fortunately for several reasons, I am not one of them, BA is the only viable choice.

Those who are obliged to use them have every right to complain and express dissatisfaction. What sort of a world would it be if dissent were suppressed?

It’s similar to the ‘if you don’t like it here leave’ argument. Some people have no choice.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls