BAClub World-no seat choice

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

domperignon
    Participant

I just made an online booking in Club world to Mauritius and was very excited to fly with BA for the first time, untill I tried to make my seat selection and was told by the call centre that I wasn’t allowed to select my seats in advance.
    Is this normal for BA ?
    First time in my life that I can’t select my sests in business class.

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

I know, it’s totally ridiculous, I think it’s a way of them adding value to Exec Club as the higher tiers let you pre-book seats (or if you book a full fare Club or any First fare then you can pre-book), if you’re a blue member or not a member at all and book any kind of reduced price fare you have to wait until online check-in opens 24hrs beforehand. Catch up BA, other airlines let you pre-book any fare in business and many in economy too!

ex-frequentflyer
    Participant

Agree with the posts as I just upgraded my wife from WT+ to Club when she heads to the States (alone) to visit our grandkids in March, no choice of seats when paying BA’s fares isnt really on guys, if it wasn’t for the service quality it wouldnt be worth the premium.

CMoir12
    Participant

As a BA Goldcard holder I think it is great that I get the chance to pre-book my seats in advance whether I travel full fare or discounted tickets. This does show that BA respects the custom I give them.

Previously, Silver and Gold Card holders were able to check-in online before non-Exec Club members.

what I have found is that BA will seat you together when you book on the same reference – Lufthansa don’t and unless you check in early you could be split up!

VintageKrug
    Participant

This issue has been debated ad nauseam; but I doubt BA are going to change it.

I understand it must be frustrating for those wishing to sit together but perhaps booked under separate PNR’s or for large families with small children.

However, the key thing is to check in at T-24 on the dot – set you mobile phone alarm to remind you. Often you will find a very large range of seats, including emergency exits, free for allocation.

Given the amount of people who change flights, this system ensures that the best allocation of seats is available at a point nearer to the flight when people’s plans are more settled.

If you have a problem being seated together, ask at check in, in the lounge/gate and again once you board the aircraft; the crew will normally do all they can to ensure you are not sitting apart.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls