BA…at its best.

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

I flew from Cape Town to London in First last week-end.

During the dinner service I found a small stone in my vegetable soup. Not good, but the crew were very apologetic. Hey not their fault. Within minutes the excellent CSD appeared, to accept the problem, and also apologise.

After a good nights sleep I was retracting the bed to the seat position. I had not noticed that the seat had “eaten” one of my shoes. When I rescued it, the leather had been substantially torn and been damaged beyond repair. Again I told the crew. They suggested that it could have been nasty if someone’s foot had been in the same position. Within seconds the CSD was back….another report. He handled it perfectly.

48 hours after my return, I received an email from an Exec Club manager saying that they had received the report of the problems from the CSD.

As compensation for both the problems they offered me a replacement for the shoes with no restrictions on cost, 60,000 Avios and £300 off a future flight.

Yes, I am Gold and I was in First, but the way the problems were handled was the best. Well done BA and well done the CSD and crew. I was pleased to receive the compensation, but also delighted to see, just once in a while, that BA can come up trumps.

BigDog.
    Participant

Your experience demonstrates the value of Purser/CSD having iPads. Incidents get written up and relayed on-line, near real-time, as long as the service recovery person is empowered there should be prompt resolution. Well done BA.

SimonS1
    Participant

Very good service. A bit like the service recovery on Virgin that Martyn highlighted the other day.

That is how to keep clients loyal.

Shows what can be achieved when people at the sharp end are empowered to make decisions not some faceless manager hiding in an office somewhere.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

This is all good to hear, serious issues getting immediate responses, without the need for heavy correspondence.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls