BA/Amex Companion Vouchers

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Binman62
    Participant

I have spent an hour looking for information that I know is on this forum but cannot find it so have resorted to asking for help via this post.

If a BA executive member has a valid 2-4-1 Amex voucher issued to them and it is valid till Dec 25th this year, will BA remove it or cancel it if that member moves their address to Europe?

If the voucher has been issued and a flight booked, but not flown, what is the status of the voucher if they move address?

If after 6 months the address reverts to the UK and any 2-4-1 booking cancelled, would the voucher be reissued with the same expiry date etc?

I have looked at the Amex site, the BA site and this one, and although I am pretty sure the questions has been answered, I simply cannot find it.

Could someone please point me to the appropriate section of BA or Amex T&Cs.

Thanks

continentalclub
    Participant

Once the voucher is issued, it ceases to be connected to any terms and conditions of British Airways American Express eligibility.

So, although a non-UK based Executive Club member cannot apply for or continue to use a UK-issued British Airways American Express card, any BA Miles or vouchers previously-earned remain valid and available for use within the member’s account.

Accordingly, moving to Europe during the validity of a 2-4-1 voucher will not affect it in any way.

Likewise, a voucher which has been redeemed will be re-issued to the holder upon cancellation of the associated booking, subject to the original expiry date not having been passed.

I’m not aware that these protocols are written down in the Ts&Cs as such; they simply result from system practicalities and associated precedents.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls