BAA Ends Relationship with BoS: ANoth Visa Card Withdrawn

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

In addition to the withdrawal of the Citibank AAdvantage affiliate cards, I also received notice today that BAA has ended its relationship with Bank of Scotland.

This was a handy card to have as it allowed free upgrades to First Class on the Heathrow Express, which must have saved me a fortune over the past few years

Seems it will be replaced with a standard BoS Visa.

No news if BAA are launching another affiliate card, but given this was was not offered to new customers for the past several years, I would doubt it.

You have until 15 November to earn BAA Worldpoints (which can be quite valuable if properly redeemed), after which your purchases will no longer earn Worldpoints.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Just a bump as you now have less than one week to earn the required amount of Worldpoints to be able to convert these into something useful (e.g. a shopping voucher or Virgin/bmi miles.

I think you need a minimum of 1000 for any mileage transfers, might be less for vouchers.

VintageKrug
    Participant

If you had one of these BAA Worldpoints Visa cards, you have until next week (May 15 to be precise) to redeem your points on the card to a regular Worldpoints membership Card.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The card itself will be withdrawn shortly and replaced with a non-BAA branded card.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls