BA787 pic

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

When will it be coming to Heathrow…?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Delivery was expected to be at the end of the year/early 2014.

StephenLondon
    Participant

Further testing is needed on the BA birds. Expect them over the summer in the U K…

Inthesandpit
    Participant

To get the latest on the 787 delivery for BA and other carriers google B787 Blogspot or http://www.nyc787.blogspot.com
    This gives comprehensive news for the Dreamliner, I think from an insider in the Boeing factory.
    As of this morning GZBJA and JB were in pre-flight prep and slated for delivery June.
    It also gives information on the airlines getting cheap airframes from the reworked early machines knwn as the ‘terrible teens’

rferguson
    Participant

I had an email yesterday that I will be one of the first to work on the 787 and that my course will be rostered next month. Yikes!

sparkyflier
    Participant

Is there an element of fear there Rferguson? Will there be Europe training flights like as discussed on A380?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Congrats, rferguson!

Will BA be getting any of the “terrible teens”?

I can’t say I’d ever be afraid of being in an air crash; they’re much more survivable than has been the case in the past, and if you fall out of the sky it’s over in seconds.

londonlad
    Participant

BA expect the first two 787’s to be delivered by the end of June. In service a while after.

Inthesandpit
    Participant

VK
    As far as Ican see the BA machines start at line number 108.

The terrible teens are a group of early build machines.
    Boeing has officially allocated 3 very early build 787s to Transaero Airlines. The three frames are LN 11LN 12 and LN 14. All three were previously going to be delivered to ANA.
    ANA has since asked for later built 787s. Boeing still has about 7 more that need to be re-allocated to other airlines. It has been rumored that Transaero would pick up these aircraft from Boeing on the cheap when they closed on the order of 4 787s early last year. It is also rumored that Lion Air will be picking up their 5 aircraft from this block as well.

After travelling on the QR 787 earlier in the year I was very impressed, It will be interesting to see what QR do with the A380, the first of which is in final assembly.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Any news on which route the 787 will be used on? Hawaii….?

Flyboy18
    Participant

BA is going deploy them on Calgary, Toronto, Washington and Newark. That’s the plan…no European trial flight released as yet.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls