British Airways World Traveller+ on board

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• peter
    Participant

Can someone please clarify what WT+ is meant to be right now travelling from LHR to YYZ?
    Only had 1 bar service and the main meal choice were down to 2 (chicken Tikka or a pasta choice) and the second service before landing was 1 slice of bread as a sandwich and a 2 finger Kit Kat with a hot drink.
    No amenity kit – I put that down to covid, but not what I was expecting at all poor very poor

ASK1945
    Participant

I have used BA WT+ a lot and don’t recall it ever including an amenity kit (worth maybe £2) – at least for a daytime, relatively short long-haul such as LHR-YYZ.

Also, two meals? Why would you need two meals? As for the main meal choices – I agree, it was poor. But it’s never been a problem for me because I have always booked my meals online beforehand, with plenty of choice.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Main benefit to WT+ is the larger seat, more legroom, extra space, larger AVOD screen, and ability to get on and off the plane a little quicker – in that order from my perspective. Yup, main meal should be a bit bigger / better than Y.

I’m pretty sure the choices are 2 possibly 3 for your main. Second meal I think from memory is the same as Y.

I believe BA are running flights with minimum flight crew so aspects of the onboard service is likely to be affected ie, bar service.
    Though to be fair, on Sunday JFK-LHR they offered bar service then drinks with the meal service.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Flyboy18
    Participant

There has only ever been one bar round. Important to remember that world traveller plus is closer to world traveller than it is to club world. The first meal is an ‘upgrade’ from WT, however the second service is the same as WT.

The amenity kit should have been on your seat with your headphones.

However totally agree the second service is a poor show.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I few WT+ recently from Boston. Amenity kit was with headphones albeit on an overnight flight. Headphones were great. Only one drink given before meal and no breakfast at all (maybe I slept though?). All up, the seat is the differentiator and they do give more drinks if asked. The food quality for the main meal was better than expected and en par with Club World portion wise.

Justin Germany
    Participant

Irrespective of the number of bar rounds, I have never found it a problem on BA flights getting more drinks – just press the button or visit the galley, the crew are normally very forthcoming with extra drinks if you ask for them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls