BA worldwide computer outage. Again

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• Haggis68
    Participant

Switch to KLM have had great service from them in the last year.

Haggis68
    Participant

Dont they have redundant backup systems they can switch to or was that part of the cost cutting?

kershcliff
    Participant

For Once – I am glad that BA have minimal presence at MAN.
    Perhaps my previous exhortations for BA to operate a hub in MAN are a bad idea!

capetonianm
    Participant

This is once again proof that the pennypinching campaign by Cruz has gone too far and come back to bite them.

He should take the blame and resign and go back to some fourth rate low cost carrier like Vueling. Or maybe just leave an industry he is clearly unsuited to be in.

SimonS1
    Participant

There was one clip on the BBC news with someone who was heading to a wedding. In the background some BA numpty with a trumpet voice talking about how they had no hotel rooms available. Quality service.

rferguson
    Participant

2017 IT failure – Cost to BA £80M

2018 Data breach – Cost to BA £183M

Day before last IT failure – Cost to BA £5M.

Combined cost to reputation?

A crazy decision to ever outsource IT.

**PERSONAL COMMENTS ONLY***

3 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

The problem is not outsourcing per se, it’s outsourcing to the cheapest possible contractors.

Another Cruz error of judgment. As an IAG shareholder, I’m happy to see good returns on my investment, but it is not sustainable.

4 users thanked author for this post.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Well, we got away after 90 minutes sitting in the aircraft at the gate. The captain told us that he’d received authorisation to leave the gate and go by email. He sounded stunned.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=952675]The problem is not outsourcing per se, it’s outsourcing to the cheapest possible contractors[/quote]

Alas capetonianm, is that not the basic and primary objective of companies using outsource companies.
    Purposely take advantage of lower wages , and more importantly, responsibilities to pension contributions by shifting accountability somewhere else.

Take into account that those same outsource companies also tend to make large profits on hard driven contracts then you can see why the buyer (in this case BA) often have to deal with (reputational) issues.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls