BA World Traveller Plus for tall people

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• connorJohnson
    Participant

I am 6ft 9inches (206cm) and travelling to Dubai in September on the A350 in WTP. I am booked on the overnight flight and was wondering if tall people have had problems with space/legroom etc on BA WTP, especially overnight. I enquired about a oneway upgrade which worked out very expensive but if the space is going to be really tight, I may have to consider it.

(I am unable to purchase the bulkhead seats as they have been already booked)

LondonViking
    Participant

I am 6’2 and I have a friend who is 6’7 and we’re fine with the leg space. At 6’9 it might be a bit tight but obviously much better than an economy seat.

FrDougal
    Participant

You’re probably better off avoiding the bulkhead seat as you will have space under the seat in front on the other seats.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

BA might offer you a less expensive upgrade closer to departure if many CW seats remain unsold.

The price difference now is because your travel date is two months away. In these uncertain times nobody can accurately predict demand so far ahead.

WTP pitch is 38 ins ; CW bed length is 79 inc.

2 users thanked author for this post.

GivingupBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=1004404][/postquote]

I am also 6 feet 2 inches and have flown 6 times longhaul (11-12 hours each time) in WTP on BA. It was really OK for me. I had a few inches (2-3 inches) spare. Just my personal experience of course. WTP was so much better than economy, well worth it for me.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

The author wrote (I am unable to purchase the bulkhead seats as they have been already booked)

It may be that these seats are not available for Joe Public to book, and are blocked for Gold / Silver card use. You may have more luck nearer the time.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I am a mere 5’10” so don’t face the same challenges. But I would certainly be cautious about bulkhead seats for a night flight. They have more legroom when sitting up, but when everyone reclines their seat at night, then you actually have less legroom in the bulkhead seat to stretch your legs out and get as close to a sleeping position as you can get.

Bigfoot
    Participant

Quite often the bulkhead seats are blocked if not already reserved.

I often fly Qatar and like 1A but sometimes I have to request its unblocked for me when I’m checking in.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

[quote quote=1004418]The price difference now is because your travel date is two months away. In these uncertain times nobody can accurately predict demand so far ahead.

WTP pitch is 38 ins ; CW bed length is 79 inc.[/quote]

I’m 6’5. I haven’t flown the new CW on the A350 but I’ve flown a similar seat. For tall people these cubby-hole legroom suites aren’t great as there isn’t enough space to lie flat nor to lie on your side due to restricted knee room. Ironically, the older CW is much better for me, as was the old Qantas Skybed II (before they disappeared following the 747 retirement) and configs on Turkish, LATAM etc.

So you may find the new Club Suite to be a little sour when it comes to sleep time.

YorkshireTraveller
    Participant

I think you should be fine, its certainly significantly different to economy, the main issue you may encounter however is not being able to see the seat back screen when the seat in front is reclined as it then becomes very low down and hard to watch. I wold go for the last row in the cabin so you can recline guilt-free and no one will kick/grab your seat, subject to there not being a lav behind of course. BA sometimes dont release the front row until 1 week before – send them a DM on twitter – they are pretty good at responding.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls