BA Wins Best First and Business Class at The Ultratravel 100 awards

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Given that the survey was conducted in their home market, the results are not stunning. It looks like people have voted on the basis of experience rather than objective quality e.g. in short haul Air France as second, BMI as third then Easyjet and Lufthansa last. That result is laughable.

thebigseats
    Participant

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Well, the result is laughable, no? LOL!

esselle
    Participant

More remarkable for omissions in each category than for those that have been included. Anybody experienced CX first class, for instance?

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

PPSKrisflyer:

I agree with you that the survey does not reflect the reality.

Esselle: Glad you know which airline offer the Best First Class service. You do have discerning taste and welcome to the INSIDERS’ CIRCLE!!!!

thebigseats
    Participant

Yes, FlyingChinaman, CX F convert here too! Flew JNB-HKG in F earlier this year. Stellar hard & soft product! BA, meh! LOL!

Binman62
    Participant

Would not this award any more credability than skytrax. I agree with PPSkrisflyer and with those who rightly point out that CX F is by far the market leader.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

We the frequent travellers are the best judges to all the travel related products and services and while sometimes surveys can be “influenced” but NEVER to the contributors to this forum.

Opinions do differ from person to person but the overall inputs are completely independent!

robsmith100
    Participant

What we all need to remember here is this just the results of the readers of the Telegraph. I am sure if the same test were conducted against readers of The Sun, you could see a rather different set of results.

I have never flown in either of these categories of both these airlines. However my father has and he say they are both excellent products and both have pros and cons. He prefers BA New First because the seat is more practical and stylish. However CX does give more room and better food. He too pointed out that there is no right or wrong answer to who does it best at the end of the day it goes down to personal opinion.

VintageKrug
    Participant

And one has to remember this is the overall product being assessed – from website to terminal lounges to Arrivals facilities to schedule frequencies and route network/alliances.

Of course London based travellers are going to have a preference for their own national carrier for all sorts of reasons.

But try flying Cathay from Cairo to Phoenix and you’ll be out of luck.

http://www.ba.com/First

http://www.newclubworld.com

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Rob,

We are all right in our preference – de gustibus non est disputandum.

Get the best suited to our taste!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls