BA Website FAIL since yesterday

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• FCTraveller
    Participant

Since yesterday, I have not been able to get into the Executive Club section of the website. I keep getting this message.

Sorry we can’t show you this page at the moment.
    Please try the following actions:
    Restart your browser and try again
    Try using a different browser
    If these steps fail to resolve the problem, please contact us, quoting the following information:
    Our reference: S000678328
    Your IP address: nn.nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn (redacted)

Yesterday this happened with Chrome, IE 11 and Edge but Firefox worked. Today, all browsers affected. Same thing is happening at home and at the office with completely different PC’s.

Can anyone shed light on this? I can’t get a straight answer from the call centre, only that they will “pass on the message”. I am effective locked out of my account.

According to the BA IT thread, others are affected. Looks like another BA IT fiasco

Come on BA, tell us SOMETHING. Don’t just stick your head in the sand.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=837717]Since yesterday, I have not been able to get into the Executive Club section of the website. I keep getting this message.
    Sorry we can’t show you this page at the moment. Please try the following actions: Restart your browser and try again Try using a different browser If these steps fail to resolve the problem, please contact us, quoting the following information: Our reference: S000678328 Your IP address: nn.nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn (redacted)
    Yesterday this happened with Chrome, IE 11 and Edge but Firefox worked. Today, all browsers affected. Same thing is happening at home and at the office with completely different PC’s.
    Can anyone shed light on this? I can’t get a straight answer from the call centre, only that they will “pass on the message”. I am effective locked out of my account.
    According to the BA IT thread, others are affected. Looks like another BA IT fiasco
    Come on BA, tell us SOMETHING. Don’t just stick your head in the sand.
    [/quote]

I have just tried to login (10:50) and it worked first time – although I note a completely new page layout/design – maybe this is related?

Edited to add Win10/Firefox 57/64 Bit

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

I’m experiencing the same issue as FCTraveller, on Chrome.

We’ll flag this up with BA.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Separate, but I’ve not been able to use the BA app (on andrid) for 4 weeks.

SouthernOcean
    Participant

I have just experienced exactly the same problem. I successfully completed a booking using Firefox 57.0, but when I tried to manage the booking I got the same error. Following the advice I restarted the browser and then tried Chrome with the same results. Finally I tried Safari but then got:

Web Page Blocked
    Unfortunately access to the web page you were trying to visit has been blocked as our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network.
    pob
    If you feel this is in error then please contact the British Airways support team on
    Telephone: (+44) 0344 493 0787 option 3
    (calls charged at local rate within the UK)

Daily 06:00-20:00 UK time.

Please quote support ID S000678328

I called the quoted number to be told that Firefox and Chrome are not supported, I should IE or Safari! The reason that I am now blocked is that my attempts with Firefox and Safari were registered as suspicious activity. It will take 24 hours to remove the block.

If you want to avoid the problem, avoid using the two most popular browsers and open that BA’s IT group can resolve this.

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

On Thursday 16th November afternoon UK time I experienced the same issue as the opening post. I could log into my ba.com account without issue. But attempting to navigate to the Executive Club section of the website resulted in the “Sorry we can’t show you this page at the moment…” page being displayed. This occurred with Firefox, Chrome and IE using a PC. It also occurred with Safari from an iPhone.

Late Thursday 16th November I was able to successfully use Safari from an iPhone.

As of Friday 17th November 1pm UK using Firefox with a PC still does not work. I was hoping this was going to be fixed before mid-afternoon today. Fortunately, for my immediate needs I have found can still access an existing booking by not logging into my ba.com account and typing in the booking PNR instead.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

We asked BA for an update, and this is what we received:

“Our website and online check in is working for the vast majority of our customers, however we understand that some people are experiencing difficulties accessing the site.

“We are sorry for the inconvenience, and our teams are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

“We would encourage customers to call our customer service team with any urgent queries on 0344 493 0787.”

travelworld2
    Participant

It works fine for me….

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi,

Has anyone experienced the same problem as I often do on ba.com (I use Safari).

I start a booking and, when it comes to payment the website effectively freezes.

The second issue is that when I use Manage my Booking to book (and pay for, of course) specific seats, the button is present on the webpage but isn’t “lit” so I can’t actually book seats.

At least one of these two issues arises at least 50% of the time that I use ba.com.

Safe travels.

Simon

tfft
    Participant

I cleared all my cookies and cache in Chrome and now the website works fine.

fatbear
    Participant

Works fine for me…

Swissdiver
    Participant

It works for me now as it was yesterday (I use an Opera browser with several security features). That said, I am not fully convinced by the new design, but guess it will just take time to adapt.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls