BA website booking problems

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• DNAdams
    Participant

Hello,
    I am trying to book a 241 Avios redemption flight on BA website and every time I get to the payment part and after entering credit card details it gives me this error message:

“Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes, and please contact us if it still doesn’t work.
    We apologise for the inconvenience.”

I have tried many times yesterday and today but I get the same message. Does anyone have any suggestions please? Is anyone else experiencing this problem. I know it will be nigh on impossible to call them.

Thank you
    David

ASK1945
    Participant

DNAdams: yes, I am having the same problem. Getting through by phone at this time is impossible – if they don’t sort it out I guess it’s another early rise tomorrow to try by phone at 0630.

1 user thanked author for this post.

GreggyR
    Participant

ditto for me too. The BA twitter team have confirmed to me that there is a problem with the online booking system and that I need to contact the sales team (0800 727 800), but I haven’t been able to get past the menu options yet as it is so busy. I hope BA extend the offer on Avios redemptions and 241 voucher use accordingly. I lodged a query via DM on twitter to show that I was trying to book before the deadline in hope this is taken into consideration.

DNAdams
    Participant

Thank you for your replies, I thought it was just me suffering!
    To be honest I can’t be bothered to phone and wait in line. Why are BA so monumentally rubbish, they really are a complete sh*tshow. One time they should be getting this right is now in this crisis.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

I am trying to combine my Avios from IB to BA to take advantage of the offer but no joy. Just states my session has times out, even though I have just signed in.

GreggyR
    Participant

UPDATE – I have just managed to book flights using 241 voucher & Avios via the BA website, so hopefully the problems have been resolved.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013350][/postquote]

I have also managed to book, problem solved

2 users thanked author for this post.

DNAdams
    Participant

Thank you FirstClassWannabe. I have just been able to do the same, seems to be fixed now.

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013350][/postquote]

Thanks for the heads-up. I got fed up trying all morning and sent a complaint to BA.

Anyway – just got the flights I wanted. problem over.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls