BA upgrade (OR NOT)

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

JanYoutzu
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Just wanted an opinion from experienced flyers.

I am an AA ExPlat flyer. Emerald One World. 4 million miles.

Just tried to check in for a BA flight in Premium Economy.

Offered an upgrade for £400.

However when I tried to accept, the website said not responding try later or some such nonscence.

Tried multiple times on various devices, i-phone, i-pad, laptop, all same result. Try later.

Tried later, and again, and again.

I have website companies and know exactly the programmed brush off.

So…. My question is why did I not qualify? Why the brush off?

Was it non BA Emerald? Bought through travel agent maybe?

So what did I do wrong? Any pointers welcome.

Many thanks,

Jan

RichardB
    Participant

The “systems not responding try later” does not really mean try later, since it’s probably something about how the ticket is issued, what kind of route your’re flying. That won’t change if you try later so they could have worded the error message better.
    There are all kinds of extra exceptions for these offered upgrades – for me they don’t work because I have connecting flights in London. The web site is coded for the most simplest case.
    Why not give BA a call and the person might actually tell you why you can’t upgrade.

peter19
    Participant

There were some issues last night on Ba.com for ‘manage my bookings’ section so this may have also been the issue. I was trying to get in my up and coming booking and also faced issues. May or may not be related but i would also give them a call.

BA744fan
    Participant

There have been numerous glitches on ba.com for almost a week. It is becoming increasingly frustrating to use their site as there are so many technical issues.

Try calling to accept the upgrade?

Rockhopper
    Participant

I had a notification on one of my bookings a couple of weeks ago that the reservation system was being upgraded and may cause issues. For me it meant that I couldn’t use my mobile to get my boarding pass as I usually would, and my mobile wasn’t syncing properly with the reservation system ie in MMB on line I was shown as checked in but not on the app – I can use it again now though so that bug/issue at least was fixed!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls