BA unwanted seat change

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• mario
    Participant

Ah,Mr.Bond, i want front rows because i have thing for ear-gasmic take-offs of the RRs engines..I will consider the upgrade although is a lot for me and kind of derails my whole travel-budget..One thing i don’t know is, if i do upgrade will i be able to pick window seat?In club Europe do pax pick seat freely at the check-in time or time of booking?I have travelled business only a few times in my life

canucklad
    Participant

If I was you I’d take to Twitter or Facebook , ensuring you # BA into your tale of disappointment at your effort to catch a final flight on the magnificent BA 767 …… I assume BA don’t monitor this forum, but they sure as hell have social media checkers keeping an eye out for potential negative stories.

What have you got to lose ??

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=889473] One thing i don’t know is, if i do upgrade will i be able to pick window seat?In club Europe do pax pick seat freely at the check-in time or time of booking? [/quote]

In either Club Europe or in Euro Traveller, you will be able to study the seat map and then choose any seat you wish at any time after booking – if you pay for the fee for that. (BUT what is disappointing is that even if you pay for and book the seat, there is still no 100% guarantee you will actually get that seat when you board the plane).

Good luck.

rferguson
    Participant

[quote quote=889481]If I was you I’d take to Twitter or Facebook , ensuring you # BA into your tale of disappointment at your effort to catch a final flight on the magnificent BA 767 …… I assume BA don’t monitor this forum, but they sure as hell have social media checkers keeping an eye out for potential negative stories.

What have you got to lose ??[/quote]

Twitter is definitely a good option – much better than the phoning/emailing Customer Relations route.

The social media team are based in the UK and seem to have a little more sway than those in off shore call centres.

As Canuckland mentions, make a bit of a story of it. Your reasons for wanting that particular seat. Good luck!

mario
    Participant

As i have seen on the BA site if i do choose to upgrade and buy a new seat (i still believe it should be free for biz class pax)i cannot claim a refund until after the flight is operated?Am i correct? It states “Claims must be submitted by the person who paid for the seat request(s) within 14 days of the final BA operated flight in your journey.”

So i have to pay again for a new seat in the new cabin and then claim refund for the sum i paid for my old seat? I am asking because on the refund claim form one of the categories you fill out is :

I changed or cancelled my seat(s) :
    After paying for an upgrade to a higher cabin
    I wish to cancel my seat within 24 hours of purchase

And here is where i get confused..If one wishes to cancel their seat within 24hrs of purchase why does it state at the beginning that claims must be submitted within 14days of the operated BA flight?? Is this applicable before the flight only in the latter case and not the former (upgrade),which means i still have to wait to fly and then do it?
    Sorry guys for bombarding you with questions but i cant seem to figure out how to go about if i do go ahead with the upgrade..thanx

openfly
    Participant

@mario….May I suggest that you ask BA directly?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls